The 1988 movie Field of Dreams was filmed here, and the baseball field created for the shooting remains the town's principal tourist attraction.
The field was damaged by vandals in January 2018, but four nearby minor league teams pitched in to fix up the damage the following April, with their ground crews and front office employees donating time, alongside members of the Iowa Wesleyan College baseball team, to restore the site.
A major league game was scheduled to be played here on August 13, 2020, in a purpose-built temporary ballpark next to the field, but it was postponed by a year until August 12, 2021 due to complications caused by the coronavirus pandemic and its attenant health and safety protocols. When it is played, it will be the first major league game in the state of Iowa since the demise of the Keokuk Westerns in 1875.
- Tommy Birch: "If you rebuild it, they will come. Minor league teams join forces to help repair vandalized 'Field of Dreams'", USA Today Sports, April 21, 2018. 
- Anthony Castrovince: "Yanks, White Sox to play at ‘Field of Dreams’", mlb.com, August 8, 2019. 
- Adam Doster: "Field of Schemes", The Atlantic Monthly, April 2014, pp. 46-52.
- Daniel P. Finney: "Field of Dreams: From outfield windows to camera angles, how MLB will create baseball magic in Iowa", USA Today, August 17, 2019. 
- Thomas Harrigan: "Field of Dreams game set for Aug. 12, 2021", mlb.com, November 23, 2020. 
- Brett H. Mandel: Is This Heaven?: The Magic of the Field of Dreams, Diamond Communications, Rowman & Littlefield, Lanham, MD, 2002. ISBN 978-1888698411