Charles Andrew Peterson
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 195 lb.
- High School Clover Park High School
- Debut September 12, 1962
- Final Game September 28, 1969
- Born August 15, 1942 in Tacoma, WA USA
- Died May 16, 1980 in Tacoma, WA USA
Outfielder Cap Peterson broke into the majors in 1962 shortly after he turned 20 years old. He had been the MVP the same season in the Texas League. While five of his eight major league seasons were spent with the San Francisco Giants in the days when Willie Mays also patrolled the outfield, his years in 1967 and 1968 with the Washington Senators were when he got the most at-bats.
He died at the age of 37 of kidney disease.
There is a Cap Peterson Field in Tacoma, WA.