Positions: Third Baseman, Second Baseman and Shortstop
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 176 lb.
Born: February 9, 1887 in New York, NY
Debut: September 8, 1907 (Age 20.211, 2,958th in MLB history)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1909 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Cubs/Giants 1907-1919
Last Game: September 10, 1919 (Age 32.213)
vs. CHC 5 AB, 2 H, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 0 SB
Died: March 14, 1969 in New York, NY
Buried: Woodlawn Cemetery, Bronx, NY
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- August 2014
- 8/24 The Natty Dugout: The Daringer Family: a History Told Through Baseball: In terms of baseball families, the Daringers never gained the notoriety of the Alomars, Boones, or Molinas, but the histories...
News -- March 2013
- 3/4 Elysian Fielders: This Day in Giants History: March 4, 1921: Ex-Giant Heinie Zimmerman, banned from organized baseball, files an affidavit that accuses John McGraw of making Zimmerman “the...
News -- January 2013
- 1/4 Radical Baseball: 20 homers before 1920.:
News -- October 2012
- 10/24 Wahoo Sam: When Ty Cobb took on the New York Giants and won: Detroit Tigers legend Ty Cobb had more than his share of tussles on and off the diamond. But one of his most famous occurred in...
News -- March 2012
- 3/31 High Heat Stats: Quiz – HOFers and All-Stars: Actually, one of these guys wasn’t an All-Star, but that’s only because there weren’t such things in his time....
News -- May 2011
- 5/13 B-R Blog: Seasons With 502+ PA & BABIP >=.400: Here's a fun list. It's batters who had seasons with 502+ PA and a Batting Average on Balls In Play of .400 or better. The list:...
News -- January 2011
- 1/11 B-R Blog: Mailbag: Biggest Differences Between HR Leader and Runner-Up: Here's a question from Ehud: "Jose Bautista was the AL home run king in 2010, while the second-place HR leader (Paul Konerko)...