Geoffrey Clayton Zahn
Bats: Left, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 180 lb.
Born: December 19, 1945 in Baltimore, MD
High School: DeVilbiss HS (Toledo, OH)
School: University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI)
Drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 5th round of the 1968 amateur draft (January Secondary). Player signed February 15, 1968.
Debut: September 2, 1973 (Age 27.257, 11,026th in MLB history)
vs. HOU 2.0 IP, 1 H, 5 SO, 1 BB, 1 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1974 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Twins/Angels/Dodgers/Cubs 1973-1985
Last Game: August 14, 1985 (Age 39.238)
About biographical information
News -- December 2014
- 12/3 Classic Minnesota Twins: Twins Brawls (Video): Roger Erickson Vs Bobby Grich April 22, 1978: Of note: this post was largely composed live, during a sunami-like migraine - with little or no editing taking place. If that...
News -- July 2014
- 7/12 Classic Minnesota Twins: Twins Brawls (Video): Roger Erickson Vs Bobby Grich April 22, 1978: Of note: this post was largely composed live, during a sunami-like migraine - with little or no editing taking place. If that...
News -- June 2014
- 6/10 Canadian Baseball Network: Twins memories of games in Toronto: * The Minnesota Twins made their first ever visit to Exhibition Stadium May 6, 1977 (a 7-2 win over the Blue Jays, before 26,355...
News -- May 2012
- 5/10 High Heat Stats: Jekyll and Hyde Pitchers: Recently, John Autin coined the term “disaster start” to denote starts where a pitcher allows more runs than innings...
News -- February 2012
- 2/2 Bus League Baseball: All-Time MLB Draft: Round 14 (Picks 651-700): At least a year ago, maybe longer, I had an idea: wouldn’t it be cool to go through every draft pick in major league history,...
News -- November 2011
- 11/12 High Heat Stats: Charlie Lea (1956-2011): Former major-league pitcher Charlie Lea has died.Some interesting facts about his career:Lea was a mainstay in the Expos' rotation...
News -- July 2011
- 7/30 B-R Blog: Derek Holland has 4 shutouts and a 4.14 ERA: Derek Holland shut out the Blue Jays in Toronto Saturday, his 4th shutout of the year and 3rd in his last 5 starts. He threw just...
- 7/16 The Greatest 21 Days: Dave Machemer Interview Part 2: He Connected: Dave Machemer talks to The Greatest 21 Days about his playing and managerial career in the Richmond Flying Squirrels dugout July...
- 7/2 B-R Blog: Since 1969, at least 5 shutouts in an otherwise ordinary season: Friday night, Jason Vargas tossed his 3rd shutout of the year. Overall, his ERA+ is 103. No knock on Vargas, who has been a nice...
News -- April 2011
- 4/11 B-R Blog: 1500+ IP After 1932 With ERA+ 100+ & Never An All-Star: How many pitchers had 1,500 IP after 1932 with an ERA+ of 100 or better in their career and never made an All-Star team? Here's...
News -- October 2010
- 10/18 B-R Blog: Which Staff Had the Most Wins in Their Future?: Here's an interesting question sent to us by B-R reader Phil: "I've been a Mets fan since 1967, when, as the youngest kid in my...