William Frederick Woodward
Positions: Shortstop, Second Baseman and Third Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 2", Weight: 180 lb.
Born: September 23, 1942 in Miami, FL
School: Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL)
Signed by the Milwaukee Braves as an amateur free agent in 1963.
Debut: September 9, 1963 (Age 20.351, 9,764th in MLB history)
vs. CIN 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1965 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Braves/Reds 1963-1971
Last Game: September 28, 1971 (Age 29.005)
vs. ATL 3 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- May 2016
- 5/9 1960s Baseball Blog: Battle of the Titans:
Lights Out! – 4-3 Thriller Is a Showcase for Aaron and Clemente
When: August 28, 1967
Where:Â Atlanta Stadium,...
News -- November 2014
- 11/24 Mets360.com: Looking to past Mets trade failures: With the Mets pursuit of a shortstop for the 2015 season still simmering, former Mets General Manager Steve Phillips penned an...
News -- July 2014
- 7/3 Phillies Nation: Top 10 Trades in Phillies History: #2 Switch Snags Schill: Itâs difficult to explain to folks who didnât watch the early 90âs Phillies squads how simultaneously exciting yet disappointing...
News -- June 2013
- 6/3 Mets Merized: Memorable Mets Moments: Joe McEwing Takes On The Big Unit: JOE (DAVID) McEWING VS. RANDY (GOLIATH) JOHNSON Deserved or not, certain players earn a re**** for âowningâ certain opponents....
News -- April 2013
- 4/11 Tomahawk Take: Throwback Thursday: Tony Cloninger: Tony Cloninger was born on August 13, 1940, in North Carolina and was signed by the Milwaukee Braves as an amateur free...
News -- January 2013
- 1/22 Call to the Pen: Ron Fraser Was A Baseball Man: There are many men like Ron Fraser and yet he was one of a kind. Many who love baseball and spend a lifetime in the sport without...
- 1/6 Blog Red Machine: Can Zack Cozart Continue the Excellence At Shortstop for the Cincinnati Reds?: As a baseball historian I love research. I can spend hours at Baseball-Reference, The Baseball Cube or Fangraphs, hyperlinking...