George Albert Wood
Bats: Left, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 10", Weight: 175 lb.
Born: November 9, 1858 in Pownal, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Debut: May 1, 1880 (Age 21.174, 449th in MLB history)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1880 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Wolverines/Quakers/Athletics/RubyLegs/Reds/... 1880-1892
Last Game: September 29, 1892 (Age 33.325)
Died: April 4, 1924 in Harrisburg, PA
Buried: Union Street Cemetery, Franklin, MA
About biographical information
News -- January 2015
- 1/31 That Balls Outta Here: Phillies Quadruple-Double Club: It's not the rarest feat in the game, but it does take a special player with a special and varied set of tools to join the...
News -- November 2014
- 11/11 Canadian Baseball Network: BWDIK: Martin, Murphy, Orr, Wood: * Russell Martin (Montreal, Que.) wins Wilson defensive player of the year award and is now entertaining offers from the Chicago...
News -- October 2014
- 10/3 Canadian Baseball Network: Morneau batting title caps year for Canucks: * It was an excellent year for Canadians in the major leagues, highlighted by Justin Morneau winning the National League batting...
News -- June 2012
- 6/10 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: Hoy Returns: In 1892 Dummy Hoy, now 30 years old, and a four year veteran returns to the District. The landscape has greatly changed since...
News -- January 2011
- 1/11 B-R Blog: Mailbag: Biggest Differences Between HR Leader and Runner-Up: Here's a question from Ehud: "Jose Bautista was the AL home run king in 2010, while the second-place HR leader (Paul Konerko)...