Gerald Alphonse Witasick
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 4", Weight: 205 lb.
Born: August 28, 1972 in Baltimore, MD
High School: Wright HS (Bel Air, MD)
Schools: Brevard Community College (Cocoa, FL), University of Maryland, Baltimore County (Baltimore, MD)
Drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals in the 2nd round of the 1993 amateur draft.
Signed June 17, 1993.
Debut: July 7, 1996 (Age 23.314, 14,521st in MLB history)
vs. CAL 1.1 IP, 0 H, 1 SO, 1 BB, 0 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1998 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Padres/Athletics/Royals/Giants/Yankees/... 1996-2007
Agents: Jeff Borris [*]
Last Game: September 26, 2007 (Age 35.029)
About biographical information
News -- July 2014
- 7/24 Around the Foghorn: Not 1st time San Francisco Giants get 2 straight wins in 9th: The San Francisco Giants have won two games in a row by scoring in the ninth inning to take the lead and hanging in there to defeat...
News -- April 2013
- 4/1 Swingin' A's: Opening Day: Time to Beat the Streak: Here in Oakland, we wrote the book on streaks. Well, we’re in the books at the very least. Even the most casual of A’s...
News -- February 2013
- 2/15 Bush League Chronicle: 10 of the most bizarre spring training injuries of all-time: If this past week is any indication at all, baseball players suffer some of the most bizarre injuries imaginable. The 2013 version...
News -- December 2012
- 12/6 Friars on Base: Andrew Cashner Becomes The Hunted: With the events that transpired today, it is apparent that Padres pitcher Andrew Cashner is aware of the time-honored tradition...
News -- September 2012
- 9/25 High Heat Stats: Cannon Fodder: The Casualties of WAR (Volume 1): In another thread, longtime reader Topper wondered aloud: “Who is the all-time SABR whipping boy?” In our first installment...
News -- April 2011
- 4/15 B-R Blog: SP Getting Off To A Bad Start: Since 1919, how many starting pitchers have had 3+ games within his team's first 15 games of the season where he pitched 5 innings...
News -- October 2010
- 10/18 B-R Blog: 7+ ER & 4 IP Or Less In A Post-Season Game: In Game 2 of the 2010 ALCS, the Yankees Phil Hughes allowed 7 earned runs while only throwing 4 innings. How often does that happen?...
News -- May 2010
- 5/13 B-R Blog: Consecutive Starts of At Most 5 Innings to Start the Season: Bud Norris makes his seventh start of the season for the Astros this afternoon. In doing so, Norris will attempt to pitch more...