Walter Allen Williams
Positions: Outfielder and Pinch Hitter
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 6", Weight: 165 lb.
Born: December 19, 1943 in Brownwood, TX
High School: Galileo HS (San Francisco, CA)
School: City College of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
Signed by the Houston Colt .45's as an amateur free agent in 1963.
Debut: April 21, 1964 (Age 20.124, 9,838th in MLB history)
vs. CIN 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1967 season [*]
Teams (by GP): WhiteSox/Yankees/Indians/Colt.45's 1964-1975
Last Game: September 22, 1975 (Age 31.277)
vs. BOS 1 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: January 23, 2016 in Brownwood, Texas, USA
Relatives: Greatuncle of Mason Williams
About biographical information
News -- January 2016
- 1/29 Cards That Never Were: 1972 Topps Bad-Ass Photos of the Stars: Walt "No-Neck" Williams: 1943-2016I was saddened to hear the news that one of the favorite White Sox players of my childhood passed away last week. Walt...
- 1/27 Baseball Musings: Walt Williams Passes: Walt Williams, nicknamed “No-Neck”, died at the age of 72: Walt âNo-Neckâ Williams was just 5-6, 165 pounds during...
- 1/27 Bleeding Yankee Blue: WALT "NO NECK" WILLIAMS PASSES: What a nickname! And just look at Walt Williams and you'd know why he was "No Neck". The man was built like a compact bull.The...
News -- December 2015
- 12/29 The Greatest 21 Days: Walt Williams, Much Different - 1173: Walt Williams made his return to Comiskey Park in 1988 and he took in the sights, according to The Chicago Tribune.He also got...
News -- May 2015
- 5/21 Rating the Rookies: 1963 Topps Rookie Stars: Bill Faul, Ron Hunt, Bob Lipski, Al Moran: Here is another randomly selected 4 player rookie card. These always make for nice, long posts. This one is from 1963 and includes...
News -- December 2014
- 12/19 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 12/19: Happy Birthday to ~OF/1B Brandon Meredith (25)Drafted out of San Diego State in the sixth round in 2011, Meredith split his...
News -- October 2014
- 10/1 Mets360.com: Mets Card of the Week: 1968 Dick Kenworthy: We're not (Ken)worthy!Related Posts:Mets Card of the Week: 1968 Tom SeaverMets Card of the Week: 1972 Ed Kranepool acetateMets...
News -- December 2013
- 12/19 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 12/19: Happy Birthday to ~OF Brandon Meredith (24)Drafted out of San Diego State in the sixth round in 2011, Meredith spent his...
News -- March 2013
- 3/19 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Today in Tribe History: March 19, 1974: Compiled by Jason Kaminski In a five-player three-team deal involving the Cleveland Indians, Detroit Tigers, and New York Yankees,...
News -- July 2012
- 7/4 Bleeding Yankee Blue: THE VENDOR FROM THE HOUSE THAT RUTH BUILT:
I'm a freak for baseball history. I've heard the stories of the Babe calling his shot and the monuments out in center...
News -- April 2012
- 4/24 NY Baseball Digest: Mason Williams Leading Stacked Charleston Squad: You almost have to be my age â nearly 48 years since my Bar Mitzvah â to remember a Yankees outfielder at the end of career...
News -- January 2011
- 1/29 B-R Blog: Most Career HR, Listed Height 5′ 6″ Or Less: Since 1901, who has hit the most career homeruns of any player with a listed height of 5' 6" or less? Here's the list: Rk Player...