Christopher Jon Widger
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 195 lb.
Born: May 21, 1971 in Wilmington, DE
High School: Pennsville HS (Pennsville, NJ)
School: George Mason University (Fairfax, VA)
Drafted by the Seattle Mariners in the 3rd round of the 1992 amateur draft.
Signed June 3, 1992.
Debut: June 23, 1995 (Age 24.033)
vs. CAL 2 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1997 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Expos/WhiteSox/Cardinals/Mariners/Yankees/... 1995-2006
Agents: Ron Shapiro [*]
Final Game: September 15, 2006 (Age 35.117)
vs. DET 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- March 2014
- 3/26 The Baseball Kid: Adrian Nieto not much of a risk for White Sox: Catcher Adrian Nieto's agent broke the news on Twitter the other day that his client would leave spring training as the backup...
News -- January 2014
- 1/2 WasWatching: October 8, 1995: Today is the 51st birthday of Edgar Martinez and David Cone. Which, of course, made me think of Game 5 of the 1995 ALDS. Did you...
News -- January 2013
- 1/27 District On Deck: Washington Nationals Countdown To Spring Training: 16 Days: The off-season is almost over. Less than three weeks until Washington Nationals pitchers and catchers report to Viera. To celebrate...
News -- November 2012
- 11/29 Southside Showdown: 2013 SoxFest player appearances announced: I have never been to a SoxFest. Not one. Don’t plan on going anytime soon, unless I can get in for free. Or until Freddy...
- 11/26 Southside Showdown: White Sox Cyber Monday!: Nothing takes the veil off the true nature of consumer culture like when the retail industry zaps us out of our comfortable existence...
- 11/5 My Pinstripes: Yankees Get Themselves Another Crappy Catcher:
The great tradition continues...
News -- April 2012
- 4/4 Bleeding Yankee Blue: WHY CERVELLI'S THE ODD MAN OUT: The Yankees completed their roster moves today and Twitter is blowing up. There are a ton of Francisco Cervelli fans, me included...
News -- December 2011
- 12/24 SoDo Mojo: Give Into Your Marinerism: Compairing Smoak vs. Montero: When I first came into the military, I came in with a few guys that were very much like me. We were loud, we were nerdy...