William Henry White
Bats: Both, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 9", Weight: 175 lb.
Born: October 11, 1854 in Caton, NY
Debut: July 20, 1877 (Age 22.282)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1878 season [*]
Teams (by GP): RedStockings/Reds/Wolverines 1877-1886
Final Game: July 5, 1886 (Age 31.267)
Died: August 31, 1911 in Port Carling, Ontario, Canada
Buried: Forest Lawn Cemetery, Buffalo, NY
Relatives: Brother of Deacon White and Cousin of Elmer White
About biographical information
News -- October 2013
- 10/13 Rising Apple: The 1883 New York Metropolitans Base Ball Club Season In Review: Entering the 1883 season, the upstart American Association continued its assault on the National League by expanding from six...
News -- September 2013
- 9/21 Baseball de World: #Blogathon: An Unbreakable Record: We have reached 30% to our goal of $1,000 raised for The V Foundation. Give a little and help a lot. Donate now. ______________________________________...
News -- March 2013
- 3/17 60ft6in.com: F12 Top12 1876-1879: In the 1870s, Yellowstone National Park was established, Alexander Graham Bell made the first successful telephone call, the United...
News -- February 2013
- 2/15 Redlegs Review: Early spring training thoughts on the 2013 Reds:
by: Dan Howard
In the spring a young man’s fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love…..and heavily thinks...
News -- January 2012
- 1/11 High Heat Stats: WAAS for Pitchers: (For an explanation of the Wins Above All-Star Level method, as well as position-player values, see previous post.)The following...
News -- September 2011
- 9/6 Through The Fence Baseball: Starting pitchers strike back: Complete games, not complete pansies: Pampered. Coddled. Eased in. Shut down. These are the sorts of terms and phrases we’ve become comfortable associating with starting...