Hector Epitacio (Marroquin) Torres
Positions: Shortstop, Second Baseman and Third Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 0", Weight: 175 lb.
Born: September 16, 1945 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
High School: Instituto Laurens (Monterrey, MX)
Signed by the San Francisco Giants as an amateur free agent in 1962.
Debut: April 10, 1968 (Age 22.207, 10,268th in MLB history)
vs. PIT 3 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1968 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Astros/Padres/BlueJays/Expos/Cubs 1968-1977
Last Game: October 2, 1977 (Age 32.016)
vs. CLE 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- November 2015
- 11/16 Burning River Baseball: All-Time Indians: George Hendrick: Name: George Andrew Hendrick Position: Center Field Tribe Time: 1973-1976 Number: 20, 21 Accolades: 2 Time All-Star (1974-75)...
News -- September 2015
- 9/29 Padres360: Catching Up With Johnny Grubb: Drafted by the Padres with the 24th pick in the 1st round of the 1971 amateur draft (January Secondary), Johnny Grubb moved quickly...
News -- September 2014
- 9/16 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 9/16: Happy Birthday to ~RHP Cristofer Melendez (17)Signed by the Astros during the International Signing Period in July, Melendez has...
News -- July 2014
- 7/18 Canadian Baseball Network: Morneau, Naylor HR derby power pals: * Josh Naylor (Mississauga, Ont.) of the Ontario Blue Jays was one of eight high school players competing in the junior Home Run...
News -- September 2013
- 9/16 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 9/16: Happy Birthday to ~
RHP Austin Chrismon (21)
Drafted by Houston in the 26th round in 2013 out of East Carolina University...
News -- February 2013
- 2/25 Jays Journal: The History of Our Home Openers: And you all thought you could get rid of me…mwahaahaahaa etc. Time for Unky Jeff to regale you with stories of history,...
News -- March 2012
- 3/30 High Heat Stats: Out Machine Redux – It’s Not Just Rollins and Pierre: How often have Juan Pierre and Jimmy Rollins had outs in a season totalling 75% of their PAs? You might be surprised to know that...