Frank Joseph Torre
Position: First Baseman
Bats: Left, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 4", Weight: 200 lb.
Born: December 30, 1931 in Brooklyn, NY
High School: St. Francis Prep HS (Brooklyn, NY)
Signed by the Boston Braves as an amateur free agent in 1950.
Debut: April 20, 1956 (Age 24.112, 8,948th in MLB history)
vs. STL 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1956 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Braves/Phillies 1956-1963
Last Game: September 29, 1963 (Age 31.273)
vs. LAD 2 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: September 13, 2014 in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Relatives: Brother of Joe Torre
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- April 2015
- 4/2 Dairyland Express: Red Schoendienst to enter Milwaukee Braves Honor Roll: A Hall of Famer who spent most of his long baseball career with the St. Louis Cardinals, Red Schoendienst will be inducted into...
News -- September 2014
- 9/14 Baseball Musings: Frank Torre Passes: Frank Torre, brother of Hall of Famer Joe Torre, died on Saturday: Torre played seven seasons in the majors with the Milwaukee...
- 9/13 Baseball Musings: Frank Torre Passes: Frank Torre, brother of Hall of Famer Joe Torre, died on Saturday: Torre played seven seasons in the majors with the Milwaukee...
- 9/13 Dairyland Express: Frank Torre, member of Milwaukee Braves World Series teams, dead at 82: Frank Torre, the older brother of Hall of Famer Joe Torre, has died at the age of 82. Torre was a member of the Milwaukee Braves...
- 9/13 Bleeding Yankee Blue: PAUSE FOR FRANK TORRE TODAY: Sad news if you're a Braves fan, or Yankee fan and lived through the tough time Joe Torre had in 1996 in his personal life, when...
- 9/13 The Writer's Journey: R.I.P. Frank Torre: (December 30, 1931 – September 13, 2014) Former first baseman for the Milwaukee Braves and Philadelphia Phillies, and older...
News -- January 2014
- 1/25 My Pinstripes: Tanaka Joins Bullet Bob and Rags With Number 19: Masahiro Tanaka / MASAHIRO TANAKA@ T_masahiro18Masahiro Tanaka has made his second most important choice. He'll wear #19...
News -- December 2013
- 12/13 Gammons Daily: It was a great week for Brooklyn (and baseball): Brooklyn probably had their best week of baseball since September 28 to October 4, 1955 when the Brooklyn Dodgers beat the Yankees...
News -- November 2013
- 11/1 That Ball's Outta Here: Baseball Cards from the 1976 Topps set: Last Sunday I spotted a box of 1976 Topps cards at a garage sale on the way to the farmer’s market. I tried to walk past...
News -- October 2013
- 10/11 James Smyth Broadcast: Top Yankees Postseason Home Runs by Inning: Extras: The final installment of this series features the 11 Yankee postseason home runs hit in extra innings. This has been a fun project...
News -- August 2013
- 8/16 Indians Baseball Insider: Yan Gomes' thoroughly unexpected season: There is no doubt that Yan Gomes has come out of nowhere to be one of the best players on the team.
The big question...
- 8/10 Tomahawk Take: Former Braves Shortstop Johnny Logan Dies: Former Milwaukee Braves shortstop Johnny Logan passed away yesterday at Zablocki Veterans Affairs Medical Center. He was 86. Logan...
News -- January 2013
- 1/13 Tomahawk Take: Braves All-Decade Teams: The 1950s: In our look back on the best Braves players, we now head to the 1950′s. After three mediocre years in Boston, the franchise...
News -- October 2012
- 10/23 That Ball's Outta Here: Cards On The Table: All Brothers Are Not Created Equal: If Alex Rodriguez had a brother, the Phillies would have signed him. If Barry Bonds had a brother, the Phillies would have signed...
News -- December 2010
- 12/7 PaulLebowitz.com: Sometimes They're Poisoned: Or maybe they just don't grow as expected: Josh McDaniels was fired as head coach of the Denver Broncos yesterday----ESPN...
Complete a Short Survey
to help us
improve our mobile sites.
Do you use B-R on your phone?