Clifford Earl Torgeson
(The Earl Of Snohomish)
Position: First Baseman
Bats: Left, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 180 lb.
Born: January 1, 1924 in Snohomish, WA
High School: Snohomish HS (Snohomish, WA)
Debut: April 15, 1947 (Age 23.104, 7,934th in MLB history)
vs. BRO 4 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1947 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Braves/WhiteSox/Phillies/Tigers/Yankees 1947-1961
Last Game: August 23, 1961 (Age 37.234)
vs. LAA 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: November 8, 1990 in Everett, WA
Buried: Grand Army of the Republic Cemetery, Snohomish, WA
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- March 2015
- 3/22 Dairyland Express: Milwaukee’s Best, Part 5: The 50 Best To Play For Braves, Brewers: 10-1: Dairyland Express’ look at the 50 best players for the Milwaukee Braves and Milwaukee Brewers concludes today. If you missed...
News -- March 2014
- 3/16 Did the Tribe Win Last Night? (1948): Boston Fights Off Elimination, Tag Feller; Braves 11, Indians 5: Indians fans proved today that they are some of the most passionate and patient fans this afternoon. While the two may not go...
- 3/15 Did the Tribe Win Last Night? (1948): One Win Awayâ€”Cleveland Leads Series 3-1; Indians 2, Braves 1: October 9, 1948 When Larry Doby lifted the World Seriesâ first homerun while starting pitcher Steve Gromek was carving up the...
- 3/13 Did the Tribe Win Last Night? (1948): Indians Even Series Behind Strong Lemon Outing; Indians 4, Braves 1: October 7, 1948 Bob Lemon overcame a first inning unearned run and went the distance for Cleveland, as the Indians chased Bostonâs...
- 3/11 Did the Tribe Win Last Night? (1948): Indians Get Their First Look at the Boston Braves: October 5, 1948 For the first time since 1920, the Cleveland Indians are in the World Series. They will take on the National Leagueâs...
News -- April 2013
- 4/26 Beyond the Scorecard: 4/22/13 Box Score Ephemera: Random thoughts on the box scores from the Monday, April 22nd, 2013 games.***OLD-TIME BASEBALL***In the Red Sox 9-6 victory over...
News -- February 2013
- 2/16 WasWatching: Kirk Gibson, Tony Phillips & Tim Salmon: Kirk GibsonÂ andÂ Tony Phillips were teammates on the 1993 Tigers.Â Â Tony Phillips andÂ Tim Salmon were teammates on the 1995...
- 2/14 Tomahawk Take: Atlanta Braves: Throwback Thursday: The Atlanta Braves werenât always nicknamed the Braves nor were they always located in Atlanta.Â Prior to moving to...
News -- January 2013
- 1/19 Tomahawk Take: Braves All-Decade Teams: The 1940′s: Moving on with the all-decade teams, we now hit possibly the most unique decade of the modern era, the 1940′s. Â World War...
- 1/13 Tomahawk Take: Braves All-Decade Teams: The 1950s: In our look back on the best Braves players, we now head to the 1950′s. Â After three mediocre years in Boston, the franchise...
News -- December 2011
- 12/13 B-R Blog: B-R: HoF Candidate â€“ Jeff Bagwell: Jeff Bagwell Jeffrey Robert Bagwell (BagPipes) Position: First Baseman Bats: Right, Throws: Right Height: 6' 0", Weight: 195 lb....
News -- November 2011
- 11/29 High Heat Stats: Highest Ratio of On-Base to Batting Average: In a recent thread, reader mcearlgrey asked about the greatest discrepancies between on-base percentage and batting average. Here...
News -- June 2011
- 6/8 B-R Blog: 4+ BB In 9-Inning Games 5+ Times Since 1919: How many batters have at least 5 games in their career of 9 innings or less with 4+ BB in the contest since 1919? Here's the list...
News -- April 2011
- 4/10 B-R Blog: 5000+ PA After 1932 With OPS+ 100+ & Never An All-Star: How many players had 5,000+ PA after 1932 with an OPS+ of 100 or better in their career and never made an All-Star team? Here's...
Complete a Short Survey
to help us
improve our mobile sites.
Do you use B-R on your phone?