Jason Dolph Thompson
Position: First Baseman
Bats: Left, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 4", Weight: 200 lb.
Born: July 6, 1954 in Hollywood, CA
High School: Apple Valley HS (Apple Valley, CA)
School: California State University Northridge (Los Angeles, CA)
Drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the 4th round of the 1975 amateur draft.
Debut: April 23, 1976 (Age 21.292, 11,355th in MLB history)
vs. TEX 4 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1976 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Pirates/Tigers/Angels/Expos 1976-1986
Last Game: June 23, 1986 (Age 31.352)
vs. NYM 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- January 2015
- 1/12 Rum Bunter: Pittsburgh Pirates Countdown: Top Five First Basemen: Going through the history of the Pittsburgh Pirates can be absolutely fascinating. So many great players have been a part of the...
News -- August 2013
- 8/16 halosdaily.com: Halo History: The Worst Team in Franchise History: This year’s team is certainly a disappointment.Â I, for one, had them coming in third place in the American League West...
News -- February 2013
- 2/26 Jays Journal: : Being five years old at the time of the second ever Blue Jays Home Opener, I remember little. The first game is embedded in all...
News -- January 2013
- 1/1 The Daily Fungo: 2012 Top 10 Stories: #1 â€“Â Miguel Cabreraâ€™s Monster Season: How thick is the lens in a pair of Oakley sunglasses? I don’t own the instruments to determine the precise measurement but...
News -- June 2012
- 6/17 High Heat Stats: Sunday supplement — now with 60% game coverage!: Orioles 2, @Braves 0: A day after Jason Hammel‘s 1-hitter left him at 7-2,Â Wei-Yin ChenÂ attained the same record with...
News -- October 2011
- 10/24 Motor City Bengals: Letting Placido Polanco Walk in 2009 has Proven to be Right Call for Tigers: Spend any amount of time perusing the blogs, message boards, and sports talk radio shows and you’ll find one thing to be...
News -- March 2011
- 3/30 B-R Blog: On Base 4+ Times In Game 1 – Three Times Or More: Since 1919, how many batters have reached base 4+ times in his team's first game of the season, three times or more in his career?...
News -- February 2011
- 2/23 Bay City Ball: Name That Mystery Player: It’s time for the tried and true mystery player comparison. This style of looking at two players has been done to death,...