Roy Allen Thomas
Bats: Left, Throws: Left
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 150 lb.
Born: March 24, 1874 in Norristown, PA
High School: Norristown HS (Norristown, PA)
School: University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA)
Debut: April 14, 1899 (Age 25.021, 2,114th in MLB history)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1899 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Phillies/Pirates/Doves 1899-1911
Last Game: September 4, 1911 (Age 37.164)
Died: November 20, 1959 in Norristown, PA
Buried: Riverside Cemetery, Norristown, PA
Relatives: Brother of Bill Thomas
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- July 2015
- 7/21 Phillies Nation: A Not-So-Brief History of Phillies First Round Pitching Prospects: Aaron Nola is set to make his Major League debut tonight against the Tampa Bay Rays, looking to extend the Phillies’ four-game...
News -- February 2014
- 2/14 Phillies Nation: The Phillies Nation Top 100: #18 Roy Thomas: The Phillies Nation Top 100 continues today with #18. Our mission is to assess the Top 100 Phillies players of all time using impact...
News -- January 2014
- 1/16 Phillies Nation: The Phillies Nation Top 100: #59 Dick Ruthven: The Phillies Nation Top 100 continues today with #59. Our mission is to assess the Top 100 Phillies players of all time using impact...
News -- November 2013
- 11/22 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: “That will cost you $5.”: The year is 1899 and people are staying away from the ballparks. The po**** of the game is in decline. Syndicate Baseball. Cross...
News -- January 2013
- 1/25 WasWatching: Really Productive Non-Sluggers: I wonder if any of these guys would have used PEDs if they were in vogue when they played… Rk Player Rbat OPS+ SLG PA From...
News -- April 2012
- 4/23 Tyler's Think Tank: MLB All Decade Team 1900s: Bear with me, for the Dead Ball era is not my area of expertise. Please call me out if I've made some glaring omission
News -- January 2012
- 1/12 High Heat Stats: WAAS Experiment #1: Adjusted WAAS: In a long exchange on the original WAAS post, reader Robert proposed adjusting the WAAS method to account for partial seasons.Basic...
News -- July 2011
- 7/27 Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness: Kershaw, Kemp & Kenley Lead the Way: Clayton Kershaw went 6.2 solid innings while setting a career high in pitches, and the Dodger offense finally touched Jhoulys...
News -- June 2011
- 6/19 B-R Blog: Kosuke **** and why batting average is a lousy stat: There are two players so far in 2011 with a significant number of at-bats, a batting average under .300, but an on-base percentage...