Antonio Nemesio (Sanchez) Taylor
Positions: Second Baseman, Third Baseman and First Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 9", Weight: 170 lb.
Born: December 19, 1935 in Central Alava, Cuba
Signed by the New York Giants as an amateur free agent in 1954.
Debut: April 15, 1958 (Age 22.117, 9,110th in MLB history)
vs. STL 4 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1958 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Phillies/Cubs/Tigers 1958-1976
Last Game: September 29, 1976 (Age 40.285)
vs. STL 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- September 2014
- 9/26 Crashburn Alley: Ryan Howard, Domonic Brown Finishing Historically Awful Seasons: Nothing too much in the way of analysis here. Rather, I just wanted to share a couple of interesting statistical nuggets I found...
News -- July 2014
- 7/9 Phillies Nation: Phillies History of International Signings Leaves Much to Be Desired: The Phillies have made a commitment to international signings recently but some wonder if it is too little too late. With talents...
News -- March 2014
- 3/18 Cubbies Crib: Countdown to Opening Day: 14 Days...No. 14 Ernie Banks :
14 Days to Opening Day and a look at the number 14 in Cubbie blue starts and ends with one man - Ernie Banks. It is pretty...
News -- January 2014
- 1/10 Phillies Nation: The Phillies Nation Top 100: #80-76: The Phillies Nation Top 100 continues today with #80 through #76. Our mission is to assess the Top 100 Phillies players of all...
- 1/1 Mets Merized: Tom Seaver, Closer?: Tom Seaver won 311 games during his great career. He won 198 of those games with the Mets. He also saved one career game. The...
News -- June 2013
- 6/16 Mets Merized: A Perfect Father’s Day At Shea: In celebration of Father’s Day, Metsmerized Online takes a look at the most memorable Mets-related Father’s Day games...
News -- January 2012
- 1/16 WasWatching: Worst Of The 2,000 Hit Club: Of all the players with at least 2,000 hits – but less than 3,000 – in their career, which were the worst players...
News -- November 2011
News -- June 2011
- 6/15 Royally Speaking: Top prospects lead the way: Last night Royals fans saw something they hope to see a lot of as four of the players that are considered to be instrumental to...
- 6/7 Rising Apple: Jose A. Pagan, 76, played 15 seasons with three clubs: Jose PaganJose Pagan, who played 15 seasons in the majors between 1959 and 1973 with the San Francisco Giants, Pittsburgh Pirates...
News -- November 2010
- 11/26 Crashburn Alley: Phillies Best Ever, by Position: MLB Network recently aired an episode (likely a re-run) of Prime 9 where they looked at the best players at each position during...
News -- July 2010
- 7/15 B-R Blog: Play Index Season Finders Now Sort by WPA Clutch: I've added WPA Clutch (which is the context-rich performance minus the context-neutral performance) to the season finders. Here...