David Leslie Stapleton
Positions: First Baseman, Second Baseman and Shortstop
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 178 lb.
Born: January 16, 1954 in Fairhope, AL
Schools: Faulkner State College (Bay Minette, AL), University of South Alabama (Mobile, AL)
Drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 10th round of the 1975 amateur draft.
Debut: May 30, 1980 (Age 26.135)
vs. MIL 4 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1980 season [*]
Team: RedSox 1980-1986
Agents: Steve Freyer [*]
Final Game: October 5, 1986 (Age 32.262)
vs. NYY 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- July 2014
- 7/21 BoSox Injection: Jim Rice and his day of infamy: Manny Ramirez had a re**** for being occasionally surly and certainly unpredictable. The “Manny being Manny” became...
News -- September 2013
- 9/26 Fire Brand of the American League: How have the Red Sox Fared as AL East Champions?: A look back at fates of the Red Sox previous six American League East division winning teams. The post How have the Red Sox Fared...
News -- January 2013
- 1/27 WasWatching: Best First Ever Seasons For Batters Age 26: The list - Rk Player WAR/pos Year Age Tm G PA R H 2B HR RBI BB SB BA OBP SLG 1 Chris Sabo 4.8 1988 26 CIN 137 582 74 146 40 11...
News -- June 2011
- 6/3 B-R Blog: 12+ Games @ 1B, 2B, 3B & SS In The Same Season: How many players have played at least 12 games at 1B, 2B, 3B and SS in the same season? Here's the list - Rk Yrs From To Age...
News -- January 2011
- 1/14 B-R Blog: Most Doubles @ Fenway Park Since 1920: Who has hit the most doubles at Fenway Park since 1920? Here's the leaderboard on this one: Rk Player #Matching PA AB H 2B 6...