Daniel Ray Spillner
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 190 lb.
Born: November 27, 1951 in Casper, WY
High School: Federal Way HS (Federal Way, WA)
Drafted by the San Diego Padres in the 2nd round of the 1970 amateur draft.
Debut: May 21, 1974 (Age 22.175, 11,100th in MLB history)
vs. HOU 0.2 IP, 4 H, 0 SO, 1 BB, 4 ER, L
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1974 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Indians/Padres/WhiteSox 1974-1985
Agents: Dick Moss [*]
Last Game: October 5, 1985 (Age 33.312)
About biographical information
News -- August 2015
- 8/20 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Today in Tribe History: August 20, 1980: 1980 – The Indians nearly add another name to their record book as pitcher Dan Spillner comes within two outs of a no-hitter...
News -- May 2015
- 5/4 Baseballhotcorner.com: Looking Back: Otto The Swatto Swats 4 Homers In A Day: “Otto! Otto! Otto!” If you’re anywhere near my age and have been a Toronto Blue Jays fan since the early days, chances are...
News -- June 2014
- 6/26 Padres360: Memories From John D’Acquisto: John D’Acquisto was a pitcher for the Padres from 1977-1980. His best season came during the Padres first winning season...
- 6/20 Padres360: A Mellow Tuesday Afternoon: In general, Tuesday afternoons are nothing to write home about. Tucked away in the middle of our weeks, they’re usually packed...
- 6/19 Padres360: A Mellow Tuesday Afternoon: In general, Tuesday afternoons are nothing to write home about. Tucked away in the middle of our weeks, they’re usually packed...
News -- November 2013
- 11/14 Indians Baseball Insider: Tribe Madness: Progressive Field Region Round 1 results: Our IBI Tribe Madness tournament moves into the first round of the Progressive Field Region where eight players move on and eight...
News -- June 2012
- 6/25 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Today in Tribe History: June 25, 1980: Compiled by Jason Kaminski Five Cleveland pitchers issue 14 walks, including five with the bases loaded, in a 13 – 3 loss...
News -- December 2011
- 12/4 High Heat Stats: Trivia time #6: Who are these 13 pitchers?: Courtesy of reader topper009:Why are these 13 pitchers unique? With a minimum of 500 games appeared in, they are the only players...