Leslie Charles Spikes
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 215 lb.
Born: January 23, 1951 in Bogalusa, LA
High School: Central Memorial HS (Bogalusa, LA)
School: Grambling State University (Grambling, LA)
Drafted by the New York Yankees in the 1st round (11th pick) of the 1969 amateur draft.
Debut: September 1, 1972 (Age 21.222, 10,877th in MLB history)
vs. CHW 4 AB, 2 H, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1973 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Indians/Braves/Yankees/Tigers 1972-1980
Last Game: October 5, 1980 (Age 29.256)
vs. CIN 2 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- June 2016
- 6/9 Cards That Never Were: TBT - Kansas City Royals Edition: This past week there were two games featuring uniforms from 1976. On Saturday the Indians hosted the Royals and both wore 1976...
News -- April 2016
- 4/6 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Today in Tribe History: April 6, 1974: The Cleveland Indians season opens with a 6-1 loss to New York in the Yankees’ first game at Shea Stadium while Yankee Stadium...
News -- March 2016
- 3/24 BronxPinstripes.com: Spirit of ’76: George’s first winner: 1976 was aÂ momuntalÂ year in the history of the United States. It was the bicentennial – the 200th anniversary of the country...
News -- January 2016
- 1/25 Burning River Baseball: All-Time Indians: Charlie Spikes: Name: Leslie Charles Spikes Position: Right Field Â Â Number: 24 Tribe Time: 1973-1977 DOB: 01/23/1951 Stats G AB R H 2B 3B...
News -- November 2015
- 11/16 Burning River Baseball: All-Time Indians: George Hendrick: Name: George Andrew Hendrick Position: Center Field Tribe Time: 1973-1976 Number: 20, 21 Accolades: 2 Time All-Star (1974-75)...
News -- June 2015
- 6/25 Everybody Hates Cleveland: Carlos Santana is a pretzel wrapped in an enigma: I love talking baseball.When I was a young lad of five or so (give or take, my memories are hazy), I became a baseball fan. I...
News -- April 2015
- 4/6 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Today in Tribe History: April 6, 1974: 1974 âThe Cleveland Indians season opens with a 6-1 loss to New York in the Yankees’ first game at Shea Stadium while...
News -- December 2014
- 12/28 It's Pronounced Lajaway: Forgotten Indians: Paul Dade: Paul Dade, right, congratulates Gary Alexander, whose homer had just won the game for the Indians, May 20, 1979 When the Indians...
- 12/2 Yanks Go Yard: Days of Yankees Past: Graig Nettles: In the dark days of the early ‘70s, during the infamous reign of Michael Burke and the CBS ownership group, there were a...
News -- November 2014
- 11/23 Indians Baseball Insider: Back to the Future: Looking at the past to renovate the future: Some of my best memories growing up are tied to watching the Cleveland Indians with my family. Following “greats”...
News -- October 2014
- 10/8 Puckett's Pond: Minnesota Twins Winning Wednesdays: June 6, 1973: Welcome to Winning Wednesdays on Puckett’s Pond. The concept of Winning Wednesdays is simple. We pick a random season, a...
News -- September 2013
- 9/18 The Cardboard Examiner: 1969 TOPPS DANNY MORRIS/GRAIG NETTLES: ONE WHO DIDN'T MAKE IT AND ANOTHER WHO DID.NETTLES BECAME A FULL-TIME THIRD BASEMAN IN '71.THE FRONT PAGEWith apologies to Danny...
News -- July 2011
- 7/22 B-R Blog: Dan Uggla, Miguel Olivo, and sluggers with the worst slugging percentage: Check out the lowest slugging percentages for guys qualified for the batting title who homered in at least 4% of their plate appearances:...