Bats: Both, Throws: Left
Height: 5' 10", Weight: 174 lb.
Born: December 14, 1913 in Mansfield, NJ
High School: Columbus HS (Columbus
Debut: September 20, 1936 (Age 22.281, 6,718th in MLB history)
vs. BOS 9.0 IP, 9 H, 3 SO, 3 BB, 1 ER, W
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1937 season [*]
Teams (by GP): WhiteSox/Athletics/RedSox 1936-1947
Last Game: September 20, 1947 (Age 33.280)
vs. WSH 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: January 2, 1994 in Willingboro, NJ
Buried: New Jersey Veteran's Memorial Cemetery, New Egypt, NJ
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- May 2016
- 5/16 Yanks Go Yard: Will Joe DiMaggio's 56 Game Hitting Streak Live Forever?: Well Hello there, everybody. Welcome to This Week In Yankees Baseball.
On May 15, 1941 Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hitting...
- 5/15 BronxPinstripes.com: On this day in Yankees history – Joe DiMaggio starts his hit streak: Joe DiMaggioÂ begins his 56 game hitting streak on May 15, 1941, a feat which has withstood the test of time.Â The streak startedÂ with...
News -- April 2016
- 4/16 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Remembering Bob Feller’s Opening Day No-Hitter: Many accomplishments in Major League Baseball history have come and gone, to be expected on some level with the 162-game schedule...
- 4/16 Call to the Pen: Cleveland Indians Bob Feller Pitches Opening Day No Hitter: There have been 294 no hitters in major league history, but only one was ever thrown on Opening Day. On this day in 1940, Cleveland...
News -- July 2015
- 7/5 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Today in Tribe History: July 5, 1947: 1947 â Two days after purchasing him from the Newark Eagles, 22-year-old Larry Doby makes his Major League debut with the Cleveland...
News -- May 2015
- 5/15 BronxPinstripes.com: On this day in Yankees history – 1941: Joe DiMaggioÂ begins his 56 game hitting streak on May 15, 1941, a feat which …
The post On this day in Yankees history...
News -- April 2015
- 4/16 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Today in Tribe History: April 16, 1940: 1940 â Clevelandâs 21-year-old Bob Feller opens the season in unhittable fashion, blanking the White Sox in Chicago by a 1-0...
News -- May 2013
- 5/15 BronxPinstripes.com: On this day in history | 1941: In a game against the Chicago White Sox on May 15, 1941, Joe DiMaggio went 1-for-4 against Eddie Smith. The Yankees lost that...
News -- November 2012
- 11/24 161st and River: 86 Greatest Moments vs. Boston #29-20: #29 |Â DiMaggio Ties Streak | 7/1/1941 It was one of the greatest summers in the history of baseball, one that the American...
News -- April 2012
- 4/10 High Heat Stats: Is Matt Cain the Unluckiest Pitcher Ever?: Of course, the answer to that question is a resounding NO. How unlucky could you be with the contract that Cain just signed? But,...
News -- July 2011
- 7/27 B-R Blog: Doug Fister can’t buy a win: Seattle finally won a game Wednesday, erupting for 9 runs against the Yankees. It's no surprise that it happened the day after...
News -- June 2011
- 6/10 B-R Blog: Madison Bumgarner and Very Tough Losses: Madison Bumgarner was charged with his 8th loss Thursday, although he allowed just 1 run in 7 innings. It was his 4th loss this...
News -- February 2011
- 2/14 It's About the Money (Stupid): W-L, R.I.P.:
We can officially confirm that a pitcher's won-loss (W-L) record will never again be taken seriously as a measure of a pitcher's...