Bats: Both, Throws: Left
Height: 5' 10", Weight: 174 lb.
Born: December 14, 1913 in Mansfield, NJ
High School: Columbus HS (Columbus, NJ)
Debut: September 20, 1936 (Age 22.281)
vs. BOS 9.0 IP, 9 H, 3 SO, 3 BB, 1 ER, W
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1937 season [*]
Teams (by GP): WhiteSox/Athletics/RedSox 1936-1947
Final Game: September 20, 1947 (Age 33.280)
vs. WSH 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: January 2, 1994 in Willingboro, NJ
Buried: New Jersey Veteran's Memorial Cemetery, New Egypt, NJ
About biographical information
News -- May 2013
- 5/15 BronxPinstripes.com: On this day in history | 1941: In a game against the Chicago White Sox on May 15, 1941, Joe DiMaggio went 1-for-4 against Eddie Smith. The Yankees lost that...
News -- November 2012
- 11/24 161st and River: 86 Greatest Moments vs. Boston #29-20: #29 | DiMaggio Ties Streak | 7/1/1941 It was one of the greatest summers in the history of baseball, one that the American...
News -- April 2012
- 4/10 High Heat Stats: Is Matt Cain the Unluckiest Pitcher Ever?: Of course, the answer to that question is a resounding NO. How unlucky could you be with the contract that Cain just signed? But,...
News -- July 2011
- 7/27 B-R Blog: Doug Fister can’t buy a win: Seattle finally won a game Wednesday, erupting for 9 runs against the Yankees. It's no surprise that it happened the day after...
News -- June 2011
- 6/10 B-R Blog: Madison Bumgarner and Very Tough Losses: Madison Bumgarner was charged with his 8th loss Thursday, although he allowed just 1 run in 7 innings. It was his 4th loss this...
News -- February 2011
- 2/14 It's About the Money (Stupid): W-L, R.I.P.:
We can officially confirm that a pitcher's won-loss (W-L) record will never again be taken seriously as a measure of a pitcher's...