Norman Leroy Siebern
Positions: First Baseman and Leftfielder
Bats: Left, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 2", Weight: 200 lb.
Born: July 26, 1933 in St. Louis, MO
Schools: Missouri State University (Springfield, MO), Washington University in St. Louis (St. Louis, MO)
Signed by the New York Yankees as an amateur free agent in 1951.
Debut: June 15, 1956 (Age 22.325, 8,976th in MLB history)
vs. CLE 5 AB, 2 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1956 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Athletics/Yankees/Orioles/Angels/RedSox/... 1956-1968
Last Game: July 30, 1968 (Age 35.004)
vs. BAL 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- September 2015
- 9/29 Twinstrivia.com: Remembering 1965 – Part 24 – 100 wins: The Minnesota Twins beat the Hank Bauer managed Baltimore Orioles 3-2 at Memorial Stadium and post win number 100 for the only...
News -- May 2015
News -- December 2014
- 12/3 Classic Minnesota Twins: Jack Kralick & The First Twins No-Hitter, August 26, 1962: This post is the companion piece to "1962 Camera Day." It is one of my more enjoyable posts personally, and I hope you can take...
News -- May 2014
News -- September 2013
- 9/4 Classic Minnesota Twins: Jack Kralick & The First Twins No-Hitter, August 26, 1962: This post is the companion piece to "1962 Camera Day." It is one of my more enjoyable posts personally, and I hope you can take...
News -- May 2013
- 5/12 Radical Baseball: Mickey Mantle batting only righty: .393 OBP.: Mickey Mantle might have reduced his On Base Percentage (OBP) from .421 to .393 had he batted only right handed instead of...
- 5/10 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: This Date in Washington Senators History – Big Train’s consecutive scoreless innings streak at 52.2: May 10 May 10 was an eventful day in the colorful history of the Senators, particularly as it pertains to Walter Johnson and a...
News -- March 2013
- 3/1 60ft6in.com: Rating Red Sox General Managers: The Boston Red Sox did not have a General Manager until Tom Yawkey bought the team in 1933 and brought in Eddie Collins. up through...
News -- December 2012
- 12/4 Through The Fence Baseball: Baseball winter meetings a tradition more than a century old: The Major League Baseball world has descended upon Nashville, Tenn., this week for the annual winter meetings. The winter meetings...
News -- May 2012
News -- April 2012
- 4/27 WasWatching: Best 1B In Baseball, 1954-1964: It’s a tight group - Rk Player WAR/pos From To Age G PA HR RBI BA OBP SLG 1 Orlando Cepeda 28.7 1958 1964 20-26 1062 4437...
News -- November 2011
- 11/30 High Heat Stats: David DeJesus comps: Now that David DeJesus has signed with the Cubs, I thought I'd take a quick look at some comps for him.It really matters how...
News -- May 2011
- 5/20 YankeeAnalysts.com: How great Yankee careers have ended: With the recent Jorge Posada-drama, I thought it would be interesting to take a look back and see how some legendary Yankees...
- 5/19 MLBTradeRumors: Jack Of All Trades: Roger Maris: After writing about Jose Bautista last week, I got to thinking about some other shocking home run totals that followed trades....
News -- June 2010
- 6/26 B-R Blog: Oh, To Be Young(?) In The 1960’s: Using Play Index, I was just looking at the best young batters in baseball during the 1960's -