Lewis Everett Scott
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 8", Weight: 148 lb.
Born: November 19, 1892 in Bluffton, IN
High School: Bluffton HS (Bluffton, IN)
Debut: April 14, 1914 (Age 21.146, 4,045th in MLB history)
vs. WSH 3 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1914 season [*]
Teams (by GP): RedSox/Yankees/WhiteSox/Senators/Reds 1914-1926
Last Game: July 27, 1926 (Age 33.250)
vs. BRO 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: November 2, 1960 in Fort Wayne, IN
Buried: Elm Grove Cemetery, Bluffton, IN
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- May 2015
- 5/6 The Baseball Continuum: 100 Years Ago Today: Babe Ruth’s First HR… it was, needless to say, a different time.: It’s says something about how old baseball is that we can hold centennials for home runs. As in, individual home runs. Such...
News -- November 2014
News -- August 2014
- 8/15 Gammons Daily: This weekend in baseball history: Ruth, Mays, Chapman, Gehrig, Ashburn, Reggie, Pete, Goose and more: Nine to Know: From the Bill Chuck Files… On August 16, 1948:, Babe Ruth died of throat cancer. The next day, an estimated...
News -- July 2014
- 7/11 Gammons Daily: 100 years ago today, Babe Ruth made his MLB debut (video): No, I don’t have video from July 11, 1914, when Babe Ruth debuted with the Boston Red Sox, but the CBS Evening News had...
News -- May 2014
- 5/15 Gammons Daily: Ortiz not the first and won’t be the last: David Ortiz is in the spotlight today and like the accomplished orator who begin his speeches with “As unaccustomed as I...
News -- December 2013
- 12/5 BoSox Injection: It Was Not Just Babe Ruth: I was recently reading an article about an incident in the distant past of baseball. In 1976 Charlie Finley, the mercurial owner...
News -- November 2013
News -- September 2013
- 9/30 James Smyth Broadcast: Top Yankees Postseason Home Runs by Inning: First Inning: The New York Yankees did not qualify for the 2013 Major League Baseball postseason. For just the second time since the institution...
News -- August 2013
- 8/17 Baseball de World: Today in Baseball History â€“ August 17: August 17, 1882 Old Hoss Radbourn homers in the 18th inning as Providence beats Detroit 1-0. It was the N.L.’s longest shutout...
News -- April 2013
News -- November 2012
- 11/19 161st and River: The 13 Strangest Moments in Yankee History: The Yankees have played 17,448 games in their 109-year history. Â Tens of thousands of innings. Â Millions of pitches. Â There...
- 11/19 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: This Date in Washington Senators History – Vernon named as manager of the new franchise: November 19 1936 Dubbed “the pitcher who got an 11 year tryout” by Bucky Harris, southpaw Bobby Burke is sent to the...
News -- August 2012
News -- June 2012
- 6/3 High Heat Stats: Putting the ball in play – Anti-TTO specialists: HHS reader Paul E recently identified that Adam Dunn is on pace to obliterate the record for the highest season total of strikeouts...
News -- June 2010
- 6/26 B-R Blog: Card of the Week: 1984 Topps #705 NL Active Stolen Base Leaders:
(Click images for larger versions)
Ahh, the 1984 Topps set. This one is pretty well-liked by many collectors.As Night Owl has...
- 6/18 B-R Blog: Offensive Evolution (Part 2): Part 2 in the series looks at players with OPS+ of at least 130 in qualified batting seasons.
Back in Part 1, we saw that the...
News -- May 2010
- 5/25 B-R Blog: Batting seasons with higher RBI than OPS+: This simple Batting Season Finder search returns interesting results. I looked for all seasons with RBI greater than or equal...