Donald Bernard Schwall
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 6", Weight: 200 lb.
Born: March 2, 1936 in Wilkes-Barre, PA
High School: Ypsilanti HS (Ypsilanti, MI)
Schools: Eastern Michigan University (Ypsilanti, MI), University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK)
Signed by the Boston Red Sox as an amateur free agent in 1958.
Debut: May 21, 1961 (Age 25.080)
vs. CHW 8.0 IP, 6 H, 4 SO, 1 BB, 1 ER, W
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1961 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Pirates/RedSox/Braves 1961-1967
Final Game: April 12, 1967 (Age 31.041)
vs. HOU 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- July 2014
- 7/14 BoSox Injection: Remembering the Fenway Park All-Star Game of 1961: You always remember your first - All-Star Game that is. Boston's Fenway Park has been host to three of them: 1946 and 1999...
News -- May 2014
- 5/8 The Pesky Pole: First Game in Atlanta Braves History: The Braves are getting ready to start their 49th season in Atlanta. 1966 they opened Atlanta Stadium against the Pirates and brought...
News -- February 2014
- 2/15 BoSox Injection: Red Sox spring training of 1962: My first spring training was in 1962. The Red Sox were part of the Cactus League after vacating Payne Park in Sarasota back...
News -- June 2010
- 6/18 B-R Blog: Games Scores > 63 in first 3 starts of a career: Stephen Strasburg, if I did my math correctly, earned himself another 75 Game Score tonight, giving him two 75's sandwiching a...
- 6/13 B-R Blog: Drew Storen, National hero: Stephen Strasburg just got a huge boost from Drew Storen, who relieved Strasburg with the bases loaded and registered two outs...