Donald Gary Rose
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 195 lb.
Born: March 19, 1947 in Covina, CA
High School: Covina HS (Covina, CA)
School: Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA)
Drafted by the New York Mets in the 11th round of the 1968 amateur draft.
Debut: September 15, 1971 (Age 24.180, 10,803rd in MLB history)
vs. CHC 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 SO, 0 BB, 0 ER
Teams (by GP): Angels/Giants/Mets 1971-1974
Last Game: April 23, 1974 (Age 27.035)
vs. MON 0.0 IP, 3 H, 0 SO, 1 BB, 1 ER
About biographical information
News -- January 2015
- 1/29 Faith & Fear in Flushing: Charlie Williams and Destiny Redirected: This here’s a story about Charlie Williams, a young pitcher who seemed destined for if not big, then definitely specific things....
News -- February 2014
- 2/19 The Cardboard Examiner: PURSUE THE PENNANTS: #210 JIM FREGOSI: MR. ANGEL.CUTE CARTOON JOCK.WHO'S THE HERO?Jim Fregosi, who died of a stroke Friday, was the 35th pick in the 1960 expansion...
- 2/14 Rising Apple: R.I.P., Jim FregosiYesterday, former Met ...
- 2/14 The Writer's Journey: R.I.P. Jim Fregosi: (April 4, 1942 – February 14, 2014) Former big leaguer Jim Fregosi, who played for the Angels, Mets, Rangers, and Pirates, and...
- 2/10 The Cardboard Examiner: 1993 TOPPS FINEST: #107 NOLAN RYAN: BLESSED WITH A ONE-IN-A-MILLION ARM.AND THE WORK ETHIC TO BECOME AN ALL-TIME GREAT.DEFINING THE PLAYERNolan Ryan was King of...
News -- November 2013
- 11/15 Mets360.com: Mets trades that got the emotions stirring: Now that the hot stove is starting to heat up I thought I would do something a bit different. Thought I’d talk about some...
News -- July 2013
- 7/18 It's About the Money (Stupid): Ed Figueroa – stalwart of some Yankee glory years: Baseball was a much different game in the 1970s. Every bullpen did not have several pitchers that could throw the ball 95 MPH....
News -- January 2013
- 1/3 Halo Hangout: Winning A Trade: 15,000 Days Ago: The Angels biggest and boldest moves lately have been through free agency involving Brinks trucks full of TV money but the art...
News -- October 2010
- 10/18 B-R Blog: Which Staff Had the Most Wins in Their Future?: Here's an interesting question sent to us by B-R reader Phil: "I've been a Mets fan since 1967, when, as the youngest kid in my...