Edgardo Ralph (Rivera) Romero
Positions: Shortstop, Second Baseman and Third Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 160 lb.
Born: December 9, 1957 in Santurce, Puerto Rico
Signed by the Milwaukee Brewers as an amateur free agent in 1975.
Debut: July 16, 1977 (Age 19.219, 11,516th in MLB history)
vs. BAL 2 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1981 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Brewers/RedSox/Tigers/Braves 1977-1990
Agents: Randy Hendricks,Alan Hendricks [*]
Final Game: June 27, 1990 (Age 32.200)
vs. OAK 2 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- August 2014
- 8/9 The Greatest 21 Days: Interview Part 2: Ted Kubiak, Major Leaguer: Mahoning Valley manager Ted Kubiak meets fellow former major leaguer and NYPL manager Ed Romero before an August 2014 game at...
News -- July 2013
- 7/19 What the Heck, Bobby?: An Interview with Tri-City RHP Andrew Thurman: Andrew Thurman just got his first professional win last night. Having seen him earlier this month in person throwing four one-hit...
- 7/15 What the Heck, Bobby?: An Interview with Tri-City 2B Tony Kemp: The first thing that struck me when I sat down to talk with the Astros fifth round draft pick from 2013, 2B Tony Kemp, was not...
News -- July 2012
- 7/9 Baseball Musings: Worst Players: Beyond the Boxscore lists the ten worst players in baseball history: 9. Ed Romero IF (.247/.298/.302 avg.WAR -4.33, in 2111 PA):...
News -- March 2012
- 3/8 The Pesky Pole: 1986 Red Sox: Spring Training Begins:
March 8, 1986
RED SOX ROSTER
Spring training games are about to begin for the 1986 Red Sox and spots on the...
News -- September 2011
- 9/19 Baseball Musings: Lineup Slot and Performance: Where a player bats in the lineup does not effect his performance that much. It’s just another example of of how batting...