Paul Rapier Richards
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 180 lb.
Born: November 21, 1908 in Waxahachie, TX
High School: Waxahachie HS (Waxahachie, TX)
Debut: April 17, 1932 (Age 23.148, 6,254th in MLB history)
vs. PHI 4 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1934 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Tigers/Giants/Athletics/Dodgers 1932-1946
Last Game: September 22, 1946 (Age 37.305)
vs. CLE 4 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: May 4, 1986 in Waxahachie, TX
Buried: Hillcrest Burial Park, Waxahachie, TX
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- January 2015
- 1/9 Sports Out West: 3 key questions for Seattle Seahawks vs. Panthers: After enjoying a bye week, the Seattle Seahawks will begin their playoff campaign on Sunday when they host the Carolina Panthers...
News -- August 2014
- 8/21 Canadian Baseball Network: Collins not the first Jays’ Boomer: * Boomer Collins isn’t the first ‘Boomer’ in the Toronto Blue Jays’ organization. Originally undrafted,...
News -- July 2014
- 7/29 Canadian Baseball Network: Tears, polish and overlooking the Boss at HOF: * The largest living class to be inducted since 1971 — Bobby Cox, Tony La Russa, Tom Glavine, Frank Thomas, Greg Maddux...
- 7/28 Redbird Rants: Tony LaRussa's 2014 Hall of Fame Induction Speech: Former St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony LaRussa was officially inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown on Sunday....
News -- June 2014
- 6/19 Gammons Daily: Peter Gammons: Pitchers are athletes; let them be baseball players: On Sunday, Travis Wood shut out the Pirates. Monday, he pinch hit in the 13th inning in Miami, doubled and the Cubs had won two...
News -- May 2014
- 5/11 Radical Baseball: Shift on Mickey Mantle.:
Lou Boudreau manager Boston Red Sox
1953 Bowman card via Wiki Commons
Lou Boudreau deployed his shift on both Ted Williams...
News -- August 2013
- 8/18 Indians Baseball Insider: The Rock of Cleveland Part 2- Celebrating Rocky Colavito: This is part two of a piece that posted last week. In part one, it recalled how Cleveland Indians fans still have wonderful...
News -- March 2013
- 3/13 The Cardboard Examiner: 1962 TOPPS HARMON KILLEBREW: PAUL BUNYAN WITH A BAT.WAS JUST STARTING TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER.THE FRONT PAGEIf you had three guesses to name the player who...
- 3/9 Camden Depot: 2013 World Baseball Classic: Venezuela: This is the thirteenth in a series to introduce everyone to teams parti**** in 2013's World Baseball Classic. As this series...
News -- November 2012
- 11/24 Through The Fence Baseball: Second time with same club not always a charm for managers: As recently as last weekend, the Toronto Sun was reporting that the Toronto Blue Jays’ managerial search had been narrowed down...
News -- April 2012
- 4/3 NY Baseball Digest: Did the “Yankee Way” Hurt Pineda?: Back in the fifties, Baltimore GM Paul Richards laid the foundation for the “Oriole Way.” Baseball fundamentals became...
News -- January 2012
- 1/18 El Maquino: ON LARUSSA HITTING BRAUN: I saw this last week in the Post-Dispatch, but Brewers fans are now getting a hold of it, and it’s apparently newsworthy:...
News -- June 2011
- 6/27 11th and Washington: From ND to MLB: Ron Reed: I've already profiled a couple of two-sport stars to come out of Notre Dame and make it to the Major Leagues, but Johnny Mohardt's...
News -- October 2010
- 10/18 B-R Blog: Jimmy Rollins and a playoff game with 4 RBI and no runs scored: Jimmy Rollins didn't something unusual yesterday, getting 4 RBI in a playoff game without ultimately scoring a run. Obviously...