Dennis Joseph Ribant
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 165 lb.
Born: September 20, 1941 in Detroit, MI
Signed by the Milwaukee Braves as an amateur free agent in 1961.
Debut: August 9, 1964 (Age 22.324, 9,881st in MLB history)
vs. PHI 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 SO, 0 BB, 0 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1964 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Mets/Pirates/WhiteSox/Tigers/Reds/... 1964-1969
Last Game: September 27, 1969 (Age 28.007)
vs. HOU 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- February 2015
- 2/6 Mets360.com: Reinventing the Mets: 1966: In some ways, the 1965 season was a disappointment. It would have been the first year since expansion that the Mets didnât improve...
News -- September 2014
- 9/6 Mets360.com: Matt Harvey and previous late-season pitching promotions for the Mets: Full disclosure: The idea for this article was blatantly stolen from my co-writer on Mets360.com, Brian Joura. While he focused...
News -- November 2013
- 11/2 Mets360.com: Trades that shaped the Mets: The 1960s: Weâve encountered a lot of speculation lately about which players the Mets should obtain this off-season.Â The team must assess...
News -- January 2013
- 1/3 Rising Apple: Glory Days: Don Bosch: When Sandy Alderson traded R.A. Dickey to the Toronto Blue Jays last month, he was banking on a high major league yield of the...
News -- May 2012
- 5/28 High Heat Stats: Pitchers who earn their losses: A familiar television advertisement from years ago featured the actor John Houseman as pitch manÂ for the investment firm Smith...
News -- September 2011
- 9/22 B-R Blog: Matt Moore fans 11 Yanks in his first start: Thursday night in the Bronx, 22-year-oldÂ Matt Moore,Â Tampa's latest pitching phenom, struck out 11 over 5 scoreless innings...