John Good Reilly
Positions: First Baseman and Outfielder
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 178 lb.
Born: October 5, 1858 in Cincinnati, OH
Debut: May 18, 1880 (Age 21.226)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1880 season [*]
Teams (by GP): RedStockings/Reds 1880-1891
Final Game: October 3, 1891 (Age 32.363)
Died: May 31, 1937 in Cincinnati, OH
Buried: Spring Grove Cemetery, Cincinnati, OH
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- May 2013
- 5/22 Halo Hangout: Mike Trout, The Best: This Mike Trout kid, I’m thinking that we should keep him. He just kind of does it all, doesn’t he? Since his call...
News -- December 2012
- 12/28 Blog Red Machine: Top 25 Reds’ Position Players of All-Time: End of Year Countdown (Part 2 – 20-16): Whenever someone creates a “Best Of” list or a “Greatest” something or other in rank order, it always...
News -- June 2012
- 6/21 The Writer's Journey: Reds Hall of Fame gets TV coverage: FOX Sports Ohio To Cover Reds Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony During Pregame On-Field Ceremony The Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame...
News -- December 2011
- 12/14 High Heat Stats: Stars who Switched Clubs Very Early in their Careers: Often a player becomes so associated with a team that we forget that he started with another franchise. As a continuation of our...
News -- November 2011
- 11/28 The Writer's Journey: Congrats to the new Reds Hall of Famers!: Three new names will be added to the roster of Reds immortals. Sean Casey was selected by the fans, while Dan Driessen and Big...
News -- January 2011
- 1/11 B-R Blog: Mailbag: Biggest Differences Between HR Leader and Runner-Up: Here's a question from Ehud: "Jose Bautista was the AL home run king in 2010, while the second-place HR leader (Paul Konerko)...