Gerald June Perry
Positions: First Baseman, Pinch Hitter and Leftfielder
Bats: Left, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 180 lb.
Born: October 30, 1960 in Savannah, GA
High School: McCracken HS (Hilton Head, SC)
Drafted by the Atlanta Braves in the 11th round of the 1978 amateur draft.
Debut: August 11, 1983 (Age 22.285, 12,391st in MLB history)
vs. SFG 4 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1984 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Braves/Cardinals/Royals 1983-1995
Last Game: August 24, 1995 (Age 34.298)
vs. CIN 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Relatives: Nephew of Dan Driessen
About biographical information
News -- April 2015
- 4/27 Gammons Daily: Around the majors report: Stats report: Lee Sinins is the creator of the Complete Baseball Encyclopedia, the most powerful baseball encyclopedia on the market. 1) Yesterday,...
- 4/16 On-Base Talk: The Least Likely Cycles in MLB History
News -- January 2015
- 1/19 The Greatest 21 Days: Jim LeMasters, Trouble Spot - 63: Originally published June 4, 2010The score tied, Jim LeMasters took the mound again in the eighth. He had closed out a Greensboro...
- 1/15 Redbird Rants: Max Scherzer Sweepstakes: Greg Amsinger tells 101 ESPN that Cardinals are X-Factor: Redbird Rants brings you a roundup of St. Louis Cardinals news and notes including the latest on free agent starting pitcher Max...
News -- July 2014
- 7/23 Pine Tar Press: U.L.’s Toothpick: A Look Back At The 1990 Royals: 1990 Season Seating SectionsTicket PricesClub Box$11.00Field Box$10.00Plaza Reserved$8.00View Level Box8.00View Level Reserved$7.00General...
News -- May 2014
- 5/23 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History: May 23, 1990: 1990: The Royals overcame a three-run deficit with a five-run seventh inning, then held on for a 9-8 win over the Tigers at Tiger...
News -- September 2013
- 9/8 Walk-Off Walk: Random Prospect of the Day: Omar Poveda: What we have today is the post-hype sleeper. Not every prospect avoids all trouble as he climbs the minors. Some have...
News -- April 2013
- 4/25 Braves Journal: Rick Camp, R.I.P. (by Sansho1): Rick Camp was a north Georgia boy, through and through. He was born in Chattooga County, matriculated at West Georgia College...
News -- January 2013
- 1/12 Baseball News Source: Adam Jones Will Play for Team USA in World Baseball Classic: When Baltimore Orioles outfielder Adam Jones was invited to representÂ theÂ U.S. in the upcoming 2013 World Baseball Classic,...
- 1/4 The Baseball Continuum: 2013 WBC Team USA projections Version 2.2: It’s time for another round of WBC projections for Team USA! Like last time, players who have been absolutely super-confirmed...
News -- December 2012
- 12/31 The Baseball Continuum: 2013 WBC Team USA projections Version 2.2: It’s time for another round of WBC projections for Team USA! Like last time, players who have been absolutely super-confirmed...
- 12/28 Tomahawk Take: Braves All-Decade Teams: The 1980′s: Continuing the all-decade teams, we hit the decade that was decent early, but faded fast: the 1980′s. Â An explanation of...
News -- November 2012
- 11/27 Rising Apple: Mets Acquire Brandon Hicks From A’s; Willie Randolph To Join Team USA as Coach: It was another day of small moves for the Mets, as they acquired utility infielder Brandon Hicks from the Oakland A’s for...
News -- September 2012
- 9/25 High Heat Stats: Cannon Fodder: The Casualties of WAR (Volume 1): In another thread, longtime reader Topper wondered aloud: “Who is the all-time SABR whipping boy?” In our first installment...
News -- July 2012
- 7/30 The Writer's Journey: Now pitching for the Cincinnati Reds…Paul O’Neill???: It happened in Atlanta in 1987. Outfielder Paul O’Neill was called upon to throw two innings against the Braves in a 16-5...
News -- April 2012
- 4/19 High Heat Stats: Jerry Lynch 1930-2012: Â Jerry Lynch passed away recently.Â Lynch was anÂ outfielder for the Pirates and Reds in the 1950s and 60s. He also caught a...
News -- January 2012
- 1/3 High Heat Stats: The worst .300 hitter in history: Bobby Abreu posted a fantastic"exactly .300" season in 2003Icon SMISince 1901, there have been 179 times that a player qualified...
News -- October 2011
- 10/1 T Van Poppel RC Ret Plan: Athletics Arrival and Departures: The A’s added a new member to their club on Friday when the Colorado Rockies completed the Mark Ellis trade by naming the...
News -- July 2011
- 7/23 My Pinstripes: A's Melt, Yankees Win: On a sweltering night in the Bronx, a night that Phil Hughes would just as soon forget, the Yankees bats picked up the slack...
News -- May 2011
- 5/20 PaulLebowitz.com: Batter Down: Where’s the genius? Why can’t the Athletics score? They made acquisitions to improve a moribund offense, but still...
- 5/6 T Van Poppel RC Ret Plan: Live Blogging: A’s @ Royals Game 33: 7:24PM CDT: Opposite field home run for Alex Gordon – his third on the campaign – gives the Royals a 1-0 lead. See...
News -- April 2010
- 4/22 B-R Blog: Great Pinch Hitters Since 1961: Got this list fooling around with B-R.com PI late last night...great pinch hitters in baseball since 1961...