Eugene George Oliver
Positions: Catcher, First Baseman and Leftfielder
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 2", Weight: 225 lb.
Born: March 22, 1935 in Moline, IL
High School: Alleman Catholic HS (Rock Island, IL)
School: Northwestern University (Evanston, IL)
Signed by the St. Louis Cardinals as an amateur free agent in 1956.
Debut: June 6, 1959 (Age 24.076, 9,251st in MLB history)
vs. PHI 4 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1959 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Braves/Cardinals/Phillies/Cubs/RedSox 1959-1969
Last Game: August 24, 1969 (Age 34.155)
vs. HOU 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: March 3, 2007 in Rock Island, IL
Buried: Calvary Cemetery, Rock Island, IL
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- August 2016
- 8/27 Last Word on Sports: For Claude Osteen, 1965 Los Angeles Dodgers was Quite the Ride: Relive the 1965 World Series as told by Claude Osteen, as he recounts the series and the greatness of Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale.
News -- April 2016
- 4/14 Foros de Planeta Beisbol: Notas para el cafecito: Juegos del 13-04-2016:
Ayer no hubo "una gran historia", estadÃsticamente hablando, por lo que vamos a pasar directamente al cafecito:Notas...
News -- February 2016
- 2/27 The Cardinal Nation Blog: Vintage 1959 Cardinals-Dodgers Game TelecastRare game footage of Stan Musial and other St. Louis Cardinals taking on the 1959 Los Angeles Dodgers....
News -- March 2015
- 3/10 New York Mets Report: Today In Mets History: First Exhibition Game: On this day in 1962, the expansion Mets played their first exhibition game, which they lost, 8-0, to the St. Louis Cardinals in...
News -- August 2014
- 8/4 The Pesky Pole: 1967 Boston Red Sox Dynasty Simulation: The 1967 Red Sox is considered the unofficial start of Red Sox Nation. **** it is a good place to start an Out of the Park Baseball...
News -- May 2013
- 5/20 Billy-Ball.com: Miguel Cabrera perfect at the plate with 3 homers, 5 RBI and 4 runs scored: Against the Rangers, Miguel Cabrera went 4-4 with three homers, five RBI and four runs scored. Too bad he couldn’t pitch...
News -- February 2013
- 2/3 Rising Apple: Glory Days: Ed Bouchee: A week and a half ago, the Mets family lost one of its founding fathers: Ed Bouchee. Unsung before joining the Amazinâ squad...
News -- January 2013
- 1/2 Tomahawk Take: Braves All-Decade Teams: The 1960′s: We now head back to the 60′s for today’s all-decade team, a time when the Braves spent more time in Milwaukee than...
News -- December 2010
- 12/12 B-R Blog: Short Term Sluggers: Who in baseball history played 1,000 games or less in their career but showed power when they played? To answer this question,...
News -- April 2010
- 4/30 B-R Blog: More on John Buck’s 3-HR game: By now you know that John Buck hit 3 homers in a game last night. Here are a couple of things you might not have known.