Robert Lee Oliver
Positions: First Baseman, Rightfielder and Third Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 205 lb.
Born: February 8, 1943 in Shreveport, LA
School: American River College (Sacramento, CA)
Signed by the Pittsburgh Pirates as an amateur free agent in 1963.
Debut: September 10, 1965 (Age 22.214)
vs. CIN 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1969 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Royals/Angels/Yankees/Orioles/Pirates 1965-1975
Final Game: July 3, 1975 (Age 32.145)
vs. CLE 3 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Relatives: Father of Darren Oliver
About biographical information
News -- September 2014
- 9/9 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History: September 9, 1969: 1969: Dick Drago scattered six hits in a complete-game effort, while Bob Oliver drove in both runs in the Royals’ 2-1 win over...
News -- August 2014
- 8/6 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–August 6, 1970: 1970: The Royals exploded for five runs in the seventh inning, and picked up a 5-3 victory over Oakland at Muni**** Stadium.Kansas...
News -- June 2014
- 6/15 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–June 15, 1970: 1970: After blowing a 4-3 lead, the Royals scored three times in the bottom of the ninth for a walkoff 7-6 win over Boston at...
News -- May 2014
- 5/27 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History: May 27, 1969: 1969: The Royals scored three unearned runs in the seventh to key a comeback 5-4 victory over Boston at Muni**** Stadium in Kansas...
- 5/9 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–May 9, 1971: 1971: Gail Hopkins drove in four runs, including three in the first inning, to spark the Royals’ 6-2 win over the Tigers at...
News -- April 2014
- 4/20 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–April 20, 1970: 1970: Bob Oliver hit a two-run home run with two outs in the ninth to tie the game, then added a solo home run in the 11th to...
- 4/15 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–April 15, 1972: 1972: After a 13-day players’ strike delayed the start of the season, the Royals kicked off the 1972 campaign with a 2-1 win...
News -- July 2013
- 7/25 Kings of Kauffman: Royals 20 HR Seasons Historically: In 1970 the Royals, in their second year as a franchise, had their first 20 HR season. Bob Oliver put up 27 that year, and since...
News -- October 2012
- 10/10 Kings of Kauffman: The Top Age 26 Seasons In Royals History: In Royals history age 26 appears to be the sweet spot. Seasons of an OPS+ at or greater than 120 have been achieved at that age...
News -- December 2011
- 12/26 High Heat Stats: Single-season WAR leaders for players appearing for 2 teams: Keith HernandezIcon SMIIn 2011, Hunter Pence put up a memorable third of a season with the Phillies after coming over in a trade....
News -- February 2011
- 2/9 Royally Speaking: Remember when Alex Gordon was the next George Brett?: It's getting harder and harder to recall when Alex Gordon last wore the next George Brett label, from ages 23-26 Gordon has hit...
News -- December 2010
- 12/12 B-R Blog: Short Term Sluggers: Who in baseball history played 1,000 games or less in their career but showed power when they played? To answer this question,...