Carl Wendle Morton
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 0", Weight: 200 lb.
Born: January 18, 1944 in Kansas City, MO
High School: Webster HS (Tulsa, OK)
Schools: University of Tulsa (Tulsa, OK), University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK)
Signed by the Milwaukee Braves as an amateur free agent in 1964.
Debut: April 11, 1969 (Age 25.083, 10,398th in MLB history)
vs. CHC 9.0 IP, 6 H, 3 SO, 3 BB, 0 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1970 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Braves/Expos 1969-1976
Last Game: August 21, 1976 (Age 32.216)
vs. STL 4 AB, 3 H, 0 HR, 3 RBI, 1 SB
Died: April 12, 1983 in Tulsa, OK
Buried: Memorial Park Cemetery, Tulsa, OK
About biographical information
News -- February 2015
- 2/1 Friars on Base: Padres Editorial: Jedd Gyorko and the Sophomore Slump: Recently, Corey Brock wrote about how the Padres are counting on a bounceback season from incumbent second baseman Jedd Gyorko...
News -- December 2014
- 12/29 Tyler's Think Tank: Questionable Rookies of the Year: 1970s: Carbo (left) was robbed despite a monster offensive season (CNN)1970 NL Carl Morton over Bernie CarboMorton made a strong first...
News -- July 2013
- 7/17 Rising Apple: Amazin’ Look Back: July 17, 1973 – Mets Scalp Braves With Big Ninth Inning Comeback: The Atlanta Braves spent the first six innings of this evening’s game pounding ten hits and seven runs against the Mets...
News -- June 2013
- 6/4 Braves Journal: My First Braves/Pirates Game (by Ububba), June 4 Game Thread: To celebrate my 10th birthdayâAugust 25, 1973âmom agreed to load up her 1972 Buick Riviera with 4 friends (plus my sister),...
News -- May 2013
- 5/16 Beyond the Scorecard: The Thin Line Between Bad Luck...and BAD: The Persuaders had a Top 20 hit in 1971 with the song "Thin Line Between Love and Hate," and the 2013 Los Angeles Angels are straddling...
- 5/9 Rising Apple: Amazin’ Look Back – May 9th, 1973: Mets Hit Braves Early, Koosman Sails to 5-0 Record in 8-1 Win: The Mets won for the second time in the past three games to get back to .500 today, beating the Atlanta Braves 8-1. Jerry Koosman...
News -- April 2013
- 4/29 Rising Apple: Amazinâ€™ Look Back â€“ April 29th, 1973: Mets Ride Koosman Past Braves: Jerry Koosman turned in his third consecutive complete game and first shutout of the season as the Mets took a nail-biter of a...
News -- February 2013
- 2/11 District On Deck: Washington Nationals Countdown To Spring Training: 1 Day: The off-season is almost over. Less than three weeks until Washington Nationals pitchers and catchers report to Viera. To celebrate...
News -- April 2011
- 4/11 B-R Blog: 1500+ IP After 1932 With ERA+ 100+ & Never An All-Star: How many pitchers had 1,500 IP after 1932 with an ERA+ of 100 or better in their career and never made an All-Star team? Here's...