James Samuel Morris
Bats: Left, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 215 lb.
Born: January 19, 1964 in Brownwood, TX
High School: Brownwood HS (Brownwood, TX)
Schools: Angelo State University (San Angelo, TX), Paris Junior College (Paris, TX), Ranger College (Ranger, TX)
Drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 1st round (4th pick) of the 1983 amateur draft (January Secondary).
Debut: September 18, 1999 (Age 35.242)
vs. TEX 0.1 IP, 0 H, 1 SO, 0 BB, 0 ER
Team: DevilRays 1999-2000
Final Game: May 9, 2000 (Age 36.111)
About biographical information
News -- August 2014
- 8/8 Reviewing the Brew: Beating the Bushes: Top Farm Teams in Brewers History, #12 Beloit: Eight weeks agoI began a weekly series looking back at some of the top farm squads in the history of Brewers baseball, dating...
News -- April 2014
- 4/26 Rockies Zingers: Demoting Bettis and Promoting Martin: Hours before Friday’s game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, the Colorado Rockies announced that they had optioned Chad Bettis...
News -- January 2014
- 1/1 halosdaily.com: Halos Sign Mulder to Minor-League Deal: The Angels have reached an agreement with former All-Star pitcher Mark Mulder on a minor-league deal, according to ESPN’s...
News -- May 2013
- 5/31 Rays Colored Glasses: Rays Juan Sandoval Is One Step Closer to Reaching His Dream: Sometimes, through circumstances entirely beyond their control, am up and coming prospect loses that status. Whether through injury,...
- 5/28 The Baseball Continuum: Crazy Question: Should Surgeons be in the Hall of Fame? (AKA: The Importance of Tommy John Surgery): A man who had a major impact in baseball passed today, someone who helped teams win championships and aided some of the biggest...
News -- January 2013
- 1/18 Puckett's Pond: Friday Flicks: The Rookie: The offseason can be tough on baseball fans. Why not get your baseball fix through the Silver Screen? All offseason long, check...
News -- December 2012
- 12/22 Rays Colored Glasses: Rays History: Jim,The Rookie, Morris’ Debut: In 2002, the movie “The Rookie” captivated baseball fans’ hearts as it told the inspirational story of a 35 year-old high...
News -- June 2011
- 6/16 Baseball Musings: Games of the Day: The Tigers and Indians play the rubber game of their series this afternoon, the winner claiming first place in the AL Central....
News -- January 2011
- 1/31 Baseball Press: Ten Must-Read Baseball Books:
Jim Morris' story is one of the most remarkable in sports history. (AP)
There have been a lot of books written about the...