Patrick Joseph Moran
Positions: Catcher and Third Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 10", Weight: 180 lb.
Born: February 7, 1876 in Fitchburg, MA
Debut: May 15, 1901 (Age 25.097, 2,265th in MLB history)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1901 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Beaneaters/Cubs/Phillies 1901-1914
Last Game: June 5, 1914 (Age 38.118)
vs. PIT 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: March 7, 1924 in Orlando, FL
Buried: St. Bernard Cemetery, Fitchburg, MA
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- October 2015
- 10/23 That Balls Outta Here: Phillies Fall Classics I: The TBOH Philadelphia Phillies Fall Classics 14-part series examining eachof the games won by the club in the World Series over...
- 10/8 Baseball Magazine: The Last Tripleheader: “It’s a great day for a ball game; let’s play two!” — Ernie Banks The days of the doubleheader in...
News -- January 2015
- 1/5 Phillies Nation: Phillies Top 10 Free Agent Signings: #5 Eppa Rixey: Eppa Rixey was a rare, straight-from-college signee in 1912. Rixey wasted no time establishing himself in the Majors, winning...
News -- December 2014
- 12/16 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: No Rest for the Weary; Indians Schedule Filled — Including Exhibitions: The Indians went 20-12 in their month-long road trip, having left Cleveland clinging to a 1 Â½-game lead. In that time, theyâd...
News -- February 2014
- 2/3 Phillies Nation: The Phillies Nation Top 100: #36 Eppa Rixey: The Phillies Nation Top 100 continues today with #36. Our mission is to assess the Top 100 Phillies players of all timeÂ usingÂ impact...
News -- January 2011
- 1/11 B-R Blog: Mailbag: Biggest Differences Between HR Leader and Runner-Up: Here's a question from Ehud: "Jose Bautista was the AL home run king in 2010, while the second-place HR leader (Paul Konerko)...