John Kyle Mitchell
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 2", Weight: 165 lb.
Born: August 11, 1965 in Dickson, TN
High School: Overton HS (Nashville, TN)
Drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 7th round of the 1983 amateur draft.
Debut: September 8, 1986 (Age 21.028)
vs. MON 1.0 IP, 0 H, 1 SO, 0 BB, 0 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1987 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Mets/Orioles 1986-1990
Final Game: September 30, 1990 (Age 25.050)
Relatives: Brother of Charlie Mitchell
About biographical information
News -- April 2014
- 4/13 All-American Baseball Cards: On this day in history: April 13: APRIL 13, 1796 – The first elephant ever seen in the United States of America arrives from India. It is difficult to imagine...
News -- March 2014
- 3/8 Mets Merized: Amazin’ Trades of the Past: Bobby Ojeda: Continuing this series of posts on the best trades the Mets ever made, if Bernard Gilkey was the only hitter to have a career...
News -- December 2013
- 12/10 MetsMinors.net: The 1986 Mets We Didn’t Know: The Tidewater Tides: We all know the story of the 1986 New York Mets – but there were many other players in the Mets organization that year that...
News -- November 2013
- 11/10 The Greatest 21 Days: John Mitchell, Twenty-Two Hours - 700: Originally published May 9, 2011John Mitchell went the distance against the Phillies June 19, 1987, giving up a single run. It...
News -- February 2012
- 2/5 The Greatest 21 Days: 1987 Topps Traded: CMC Finds: I picked my my first 2012 Topps packs recently, like many others have. The newer stuff, though, doesn't have much that relates...
News -- October 2011
- 10/28 NY Baseball Digest: 25 Years Later, Championship Rings Still an Issue: “Randy (Myers) was playing for the Chicago Cubs and he’s in the bullpen at Shea Stadium and they put up a trivia question,” Terry...
News -- May 2011
- 5/10 The Greatest 21 Days: John Mitc**** Twenty-Two Hours - 322: John Mitc**** went the distance against the Phillies June 19, 1987, giving up a single run. It was his first complete game, and...