Albert Joseph Milnar
Bats: Left, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 2", Weight: 195 lb.
Born: December 26, 1913 in Cleveland, OH
Debut: April 30, 1936 (Age 22.126, 6,658th in MLB history)
vs. NYY 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 SO, 5 BB, 2 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1938 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Indians/Browns/Phillies 1936-1946
Last Game: June 10, 1946 (Age 32.166)
vs. CHC 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: June 30, 2005 in Cleveland, OH
Buried: All Souls Cemetery, Chardon, OH
About biographical information
News -- August 2016
- 8-11 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Today in Tribe History: August 11, 2006: In a disappointing season for the Tribe, they still had their surprise moments as they rallied from a 3-1 deficit in the ninth...
News -- August 2015
- 8-11 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Today in Tribe History: August 11, 2006: 2006 â In a disappointing season for the Tribe, they still had their surprise moments as the Indians rallied from a 3-1 deficit...
News -- July 2015
- 7-8 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Indians Spent Lots of Time on Both Sides of Near No-Nos: When Carlos Carrascoâs no-hitter was broken up with two outs in the bottom of the ninth Wednesday in Tampa, it was only the...
News -- July 2014
- 7-30 It's Pronounced Lajaway: Wrapping Up Masterson’s Tribe Career: Well, Justin Masterson is gone. And while he had some nice moments here in Cleveland, I couldn’t be happier to see him go....
- 7-1 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Riots Postponed Tribe game in Detroit in ’43: On June 23, 1943, the Indians and Tigers played an unscheduled doubleheader at what was then called Briggs Stadium. The first...
News -- September 2012
- 9-25 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: History Repeats Itself: 1941 Team Had High Hopes, Low Achievements: By Vince Guerrieri A year after a late-season fade keeps them out of the postseason, the Indians had high hopes and started out...
News -- August 2011
- 8-4 B-R Blog: No hits but lots of walks in major-league debut: I recently came across aÂ mention of Steve Adkins, who had a very unusual major-league debut. Since 1919, here are pitchers who...
News -- June 2011
- 6-11 B-R Blog: Kevin Whelan’s Wild Debut: Last night, Kevin Whelan became just the 12th "pitcher" since 1919 to throw two-thirds of an inning or less in his major league...