Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 4", Weight: 220 lb.
Born: July 28, 1964 in Trenton, NJ
School: Yavapai College (Prescott, AZ)
Drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the 2nd round of the 1983 amateur draft (June Secondary). Player signed August 15, 1983.
Debut: September 18, 1988 (Age 24.052, 13,176th in MLB history)
vs. DET 8.0 IP, 1 H, 4 SO, 4 BB, 0 ER, W
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1989 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Orioles/Royals/Mariners/Indians 1988-1996
Agents: Randy Hendricks,Alan Hendricks [*]
Last Game: September 21, 1996 (Age 32.055)
About biographical information
News -- August 2015
- 8/4 District on Deck: Washington Nationals Minor Leagues: Stephen Strasburg Strikes Out 11 In Syracuse’s 9-3 Win Over Pawtucket: In his second start since joining the triple-A Syracuse Chiefs on a rehab assignment, Stephen Strasburg looked as though he is...
News -- April 2015
- 4/12 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Tribe’s Near No-No Extends Long Drought: The no-hitter is easily one of the most exciting events to witness on a baseball field and for those who follow the Cleveland...
News -- January 2015
- 1/9 District on Deck: Rick Ankiel returns to Nationals organization as "life skills" coordinator: Former major league outfielder Rick Ankiel had some memorable moments during parts of two seasons with the Nationals between 2011...
News -- October 2014
- 10/24 Canadian Baseball Network: Slider, move to bullpen key for Stewart: * LHP Ethan Stewart moved to the bullpen late in the 2014 season, and success immediately followed. In his last five appearances...
News -- August 2014
- 8/23 Indians Baseball Insider: Storylines: Red Sox sign Cuban outfielder to record deal: In this MLB News and Notes segment, I will be giving occasional reports on the latest news and rumors throughout the MLB. I also...
News -- April 2014
- 4/14 The Cardboard Examiner: 1993 TOPPS FINEST: #121 GREGG OLSON: A CLOSER WITH AN OFF-THE-HOOK CURVE.OLSON WAS AN O'S SAVIOR.DEFINING THE PLAYERMost dominating closers use the fastball as their...
News -- May 2013
- 5/20 Macho-Row.com: This day in 1993: Incaviglia slam helps Schilling shut down Expos:
This year marks the 20th anniversary of the 1993 Philadelphia Phillies going from worst to first and winning the National League...
- 5/19 The Greatest 21 Days: Chris Myers, Same Thing - 1412: Originally posted Feb. 23, 2012Chris Myers told Orioles director of player development in early April 1990 that he didn't want...
News -- November 2012
- 11/21 PhoulBallz.com: News & Notes: 40-man Additions, Developmental Coaches:
Jon Pettibone took great strides in 2012
On Tuesday, several additions to the 40-man roster were announced by the Phillies,...
- 11/20 Phillies Nation: Phillies Announce 2013 IronPigs Coaching Staff: Per the IronPigs, the Phillies have rounded out their Minor League coaching staffs. Joining new manager Dave Brundage on the ‘Pigs...
News -- February 2012
- 2/23 The Greatest 21 Days: Chris Myers, Same Thing - 792: Chris Myers told Orioles director of player development in early April 1990 that he didn't want his age to hold him back, Melvin...
News -- September 2011
- 9/22 B-R Blog: Matt Moore fans 11 Yanks in his first start: Thursday night in the Bronx, 22-year-oldÂ Matt Moore,Â Tampa's latest pitching phenom, struck out 11 over 5 scoreless innings...
News -- June 2010
- 6/18 B-R Blog: Games Scores > 63 in first 3 starts of a career: Stephen Strasburg, if I did my math correctly, earned himself another 75 Game Score tonight, giving him two 75's sandwiching a...
- 6/13 B-R Blog: Drew Storen, National hero: Stephen Strasburg just got a huge boost from Drew Storen, who relieved Strasburg with the bases loaded and registered two outs...
- 6/5 B-R Blog: Stephen Strasburg, best game scores in a debut, and happy birthday to us!: Well, Stephen Strasburg's major-league debut is just about upon us. I have even dedicated an entire Stat Challenge to him and...
News -- May 2010
- 5/27 B-R Blog: Ubaldo Jimenez, Jaime Garcia, and fewer earned runs than starts: Here are the only pitchers in 2010 to start at least as many games as the total number of earned runs they've allowed: