Jerry Lee May
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 2", Weight: 190 lb.
Born: December 14, 1943 in Staunton, VA
Signed by the Pittsburgh Pirates as an amateur free agent in 1961.
Debut: September 19, 1964 (Age 20.280, 9,913th in MLB history)
vs. SFG 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1967 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Pirates/Royals/Mets 1964-1973
Last Game: June 3, 1973 (Age 29.171)
vs. SDP 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: June 30, 1996 in Swoope, VA
Buried: Union Cemetery, Parnassus, VA
About biographical information
News -- June 2015
- 6/14 Baseballhotcorner.com: Dock Ellis’ Acid-Based No-No: 45 Years Ago Today: Today is the 45th anniversary of the no-hitter Dock Ellis threw, he admitted years later, under the influence of LSD. “I pitched...
News -- July 2014
- 7/20 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–July 20, 1971: 1971: Dick Drago pitched a complete game five-hitter and the Royals rode a four-run outburst to a 7-1 win over the Orioles at...
News -- May 2014
- 5/28 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History: May 28, 1971: 1971: Ken Wright dominated the Senators lineup, while the Royals’ offense got contributions from practically everyone in a 5-0...
News -- June 2013
- 6/2 Rising Apple: Amazin’ Look Back, June 2, 1973: Padres Blank Mets, 3-0: The Mets continued their west coast swing to today in San Diego, and dropped a 3-0 decision to the Padres. The Mets are now 2-7...
News -- February 2012
- 2/23 Bus League Baseball: The Bizarro Hall of Fame: The Class of 1979: The Bizarro Hall of Fame was a series I ran on my old blog, One More Dying Quail, in 2007. It consists of players who appeared...
News -- January 2012
- 1/6 High Heat Stats: More intentional walks than unintentional walks: Tony Pena & Joe Girardi: two guys who had seasons with more IBB than non-IBBIcon SMIIt's not uncommon for the 8th-place...
News -- May 2010
- 5/25 B-R Blog: Juan Pierre: singles hitter: Juan Pierre started the season with 27 straight singles before he hit his first extra-base hit.
His first extra-base hit was a...