David LaFrance May
Bats: Left, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 10", Weight: 186 lb.
Born: December 23, 1943 in New Castle, DE
High School: William Penn HS (New Castle, DE)
Signed by the San Francisco Giants as an amateur free agent in 1961.
Debut: July 28, 1967 (Age 23.217, 10,207th in MLB history)
vs. CLE 5 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1968 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Brewers/Orioles/Braves/Rangers/Pirates 1967-1978
Last Game: October 1, 1978 (Age 34.282)
vs. PHI 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 1 SB
Died: October 20, 2012 in Bear, DE
Relatives: Father of Derrick May
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- November 2014
- 11/14 Dairyland Express: Milwaukee Brewers C Jonathan Lucroy 4th In MVP Voting: To the surprise of few, Los Angeles Dodgers left-hander Clayton Kershaw followed up his National League Cy Young Award repeat...
- 11/3 Tomahawk Take: Atlanta Braves News: The Morning Chop 11/3: Atlanta Braves Santana expected to get qualifying offer from Braves Tomahawk Take Editor's Note: The Atlanta Braves will...
News -- August 2014
- 8/29 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–August 29, 1972: 1972: The Royals rode a four-run outburst in the third inning to a 6-4 win over the Brewers at County Stadium in Milwaukee.Kansas...
News -- June 2014
- 6/8 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–June 7, 1972: 1972: Amos Otis hit a two-run double in the eighth to cap a late-inning comeback in the Royals’ 5-4 win over Milwaukee at Muni****...
- 6/7 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–June 7, 1972: 1972: Amos Otis hit a two-run double in the eighth to cap a late-inning comeback in the Royals’ 5-4 win over Milwaukee at Muni****...
News -- April 2014
- 4/25 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–April 25, 1973: 1973: The Royals scored three runs in the first inning, then barely hung on to that lead in the late innings to pick up a 3-2...
News -- November 2012
- 11/1 Tomahawk Take: Braves Short Takes: Not much happening right now so here’s some news rumors and gossip with a Braves connection. Tom Glavine’s nemesis...
News -- October 2012
- 10/23 Reviewing the Brew: Former Milwaukee All-Star Dave May Passes Away: Late last night, the Milwaukee Brewers lost a member of their great family. Dave May passed away after battling cancer and diabetes....
News -- October 2011
- 10/2 B-R Blog: Franchise leaders for possible World Series opponents: Once the two teams for this year's World Series are determined, there will be a small bit of attention paid to some player...
News -- August 2011
- 8/25 MLBTradeRumors: When Great Sluggers Get Traded: With the Twins and Indians discussing a Jim Thome swap, the big slugger could join some elite company. Thome's 601 home runs...
News -- April 2011
- 4/2 B-R Blog: Worst Opening Day performance ever? Not quite.: Regarding Albert Pujols' brutal season-opening performance vs. San Diego on Thursday, Greg Simons of The Hardball Times semi-facetiously...
News -- November 2010
- 11/2 MLBTradeRumors: Odds & Ends: Crawford, Thome, Rowand, Greinke: On this date in 1974, the Braves traded Hank Aaron to the Brewers for Dave May. Today, the Braves made some less memorable moves....