Robert James Mattick
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 178 lb.
Born: December 5, 1915 in Sioux City, IA
High School: Beaumont HS (St. Louis, MO)
Debut: May 5, 1938 (Age 22.151)
vs. PHI 1 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1939 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Cubs/Reds 1938-1942
Final Game: August 18, 1942 (Age 26.256)
vs. PIT 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: December 16, 2004 in Scottsdale, AZ
Relatives: Son of Wally Mattick
About biographical information
News -- September 2014
- 9/7 Canadian Baseball Network: Big John, Young John, father & son Mayberry: Big John Mayberry hit 10 doubles in 54 career games at Fenway Park. Young John Mayberry, the other part of the Blue...
- 9/4 Canadian Baseball Network: Davis starts like Pompey, Scouts ratings: * Jonathan Davis stole home on the back end of a double steal to help Canada’s team — the Vancouver Canadians —...
News -- July 2014
- 7/26 Canadian Baseball Network: Cox: from sleeping on beach to Cooperstown: * When he made the New York Yankees in 1968 Bobby Cox and his family had to sleep on the beach due to the fact that there wasn’t...
News -- June 2014
- 6/2 Canadian Baseball Network: Encarnacion adds to Blue Jays’ home run lore: * Edwin Encarnacion’s power surge in May, in which the slugger hit 16 home runs over a span of 23 games, was one of the...
News -- February 2014
News -- October 2013
- 10/8 Jays Journal: Toronto Blue Jays Morning Brew: Mottola Removed, Pitching Possibilities and ’93 til’ Infinity: Toronto Blue Jays News and Rumours* *Canadian spelling, eh! The Toronto Blue Jays announced via press release last night that...
News -- June 2013
- 6/25 Jays Journal: June 24 Minor League Report: Buffalo Bisons (39-37) Jose Reyes had two hits but the Buffalo Bisons lost a lopsided 7-1 game to the Durham Bulls. Starting pitcher...
- 6/19 Jays Journal: Extras, Extras! June 18 Minor League Report: Buffalo Bisons (36-34) The Buffalo Bisons fell 2-0 to the Gwinnett Braves in an epic pitching battle between veteran major leaguer...
News -- March 2013
- 3/1 Jays Journal: History of Our Home Openers: 1981: Now this will forever be a unique situation in baseball lore. The 1981 season was torn apart by labour strife from the middle...
News -- February 2013
- 2/28 Jays Journal: The History of Our Home Openers: 1980: For those of you who are keeping track, Unky Jeff mentioned last article that Roy Hartsfield was let go as manager of the Blue...