Jerry Lindsey Martin
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 195 lb.
Born: May 11, 1949 in Columbia, SC
High School: Olympia HS (Columbia, SC)
Schools: Spartanburg Methodist College (Spartanburg, SC), Furman University (Greenville, SC)
Signed by the Philadelphia Phillies as an amateur free agent in 1971.
Debut: September 7, 1974 (Age 25.119)
vs. CHC 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1976 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Phillies/Cubs/Royals/Giants/Mets 1974-1984
Agents: David Landfield [*]
Final Game: September 19, 1984 (Age 35.131)
vs. PHI 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Relatives: Son of Barney Martin
About biographical information
News -- October 2014
- 10/2 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–October 2, 1982: 1982: The Royals scored two runs in the eighth inning for a comeback 5-4 win over Oakland at Royals Stadium to keep their fading...
News -- August 2014
- 8/30 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–August 30, 1982: 1982: Dennis Leonard survived giving up 11 hits, and Willie Wilson’s four hits and a George Brett home run powered the Royals...
News -- April 2014
- 4/23 Pine Tar Press: U.L.’s Toothpick: A Look Back At The 1982 Royals: The Kansas City Royals don’t really have a lot of near-misses when it comes to division titles. Not counting the strike-shortened...
- 4/2 View From the Bleachers: A Look at Cubs’ Opening Day History: 1981: The Ugly, the Dreadful and the Horrid.Chris Neitzel checks in with another look at Cubs history by remembering the wonderful? year of 1981....
News -- February 2013
- 2/5 Kings of Kauffman: Remember When the Royals Traded Away Cecil Fielder?: Player evaluation is never an exact science. Often, a team makes a trade that looks completely inconsequential at the time and,...
News -- January 2013
- 1/9 MLB Dirt: Willie Mays Aikens: Hard Living, Hard Times and Hard-Cover Books: Willie Mays Aikens once had a promising major league baseball career that came to a premature end in 1985 because of his personal...
News -- September 2012
- 9/11 Mets360.com: Using the past to predict Jason Bay’s future: Since they have not released him, it is apparent that the Mets think Jason Bay has a future. However, it’s impossible for those...
- 9/6 Rising Apple: Glory Days: Keith Hernandez: The Mets are off today after escaping St. Louis with a victory yesterday afternoon, and today on “Glory Days,” we profile...
News -- February 2011
- 2/13 B-R Blog: Non-Pitcher 150+ Career Games With Zero PA: How many non-pitchers have appeared in 150+ games since 1920 where they did not earn a Plate Appearance in the game? Here's the...