Felix (Lamela) Mantilla
Positions: Second Baseman, Shortstop and Outfielder
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 0", Weight: 160 lb.
Born: July 29, 1934 in Isabella, Puerto Rico
Signed by the Boston Braves as an amateur free agent in 1952.
Debut: June 21, 1956 (Age 21.328, 8,976th in MLB history)
vs. PIT 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1957 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Braves/RedSox/Mets/Astros 1956-1966
Final Game: October 2, 1966 (Age 32.065)
vs. NYM 5 AB, 3 H, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 0 SB
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- November 2014
- 11/7 Mets360.com: Reinventing the Mets: 1962: With the offseason underway and the MLB Project over, it felt right to start a concept that has been in my mind for several years...
News -- July 2014
- 7/29 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 7/29: Happy Birthday to ~RHP Moreno Polanco (20)An international free agent from the Dominican Republic, Polanco is in his first season...
News -- June 2014
- 6/21 BoSox Injection: All-Time Red Sox sloppy nine: The Red Sox have been fortunate enough to have an extensive list of star players though the years. Some notable names have been...
News -- February 2014
- 2/22 Mets Merized: David Wright and the Supporting Cast of 151: Entering the 2014 season, the Third Base position is the most stable position on the team. David Wright has been manning the hot...
News -- December 2013
- 12/11 Mets Merized: This Day In Mets Infamy With Rusty: The Possible Granderson Calls Edition: Yes I know Opening Day is about three months away yet I found myself daydreaming during the Curtis Granderson introductory press...
News -- November 2013
- 11/18 Mets360.com: Card of the Week: 1962 Charlie Neal: Pictured is a 1962 Charlie Neal (3B) Salada-Junket Coin. These half-dollar size plastic coins were issued in packages of Salada...
News -- August 2013
- 8/12 BoSox Injection: Red Sox Search For “The Great Right Hope”: Howard Sackler wrote a magnificent play called “The Great White Hope” and Boston Red Sox Nation looks adoringly for “The...
News -- July 2013
- 7/29 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 7/29: Former Astros with birthdays today ~
2B/SS/OF Felix Mantilla (79)
Mantilla came to Houston in April 1966 in a trade with...
News -- April 2013
- 4/6 MLBTradeRumors: Angels Re-Sign Bill Hall: Utility man Bill Hall has rejoined the Angels organization, according to his Twitter page. The Halos had released Hall last...
News -- March 2013
- 3/13 Billy-Ball.com: Bobby Thomson and the breaks of the game: The talks about trading Bobby Thomson (of “the Shot heard ’round the World” fame) began to catch fire at the...
News -- February 2013
- 2/3 Rising Apple: Glory Days: Ed Bouchee: A week and a half ago, the Mets family lost one of its founding fathers: Ed Bouchee. Unsung before joining the Amazin’ squad...
News -- May 2012
- 5/31 Baseball With Matt: 36 up, 36 down, and still lost 4/22/12: Hey Guys!In honor of Philip Humber pitching a perfecto yesterday, I want to blog about a very strange ALMOST-perfect game. I'll...
News -- December 2011
- 12/13 Mets360.com: May 12 – 16, 1962: The Week The Mets Became Amazin’: Apart from being a Mets fan, I’m a baseball fan. I like to keep abreast of the goings-on of other teams and – as shocking...
News -- November 2011
- 11/30 High Heat Stats: My Funky Valentine: oddities from the playing career of Bobby Valentine: As Bobby Valentine prepares to take the reins of the Boston Red Sox, here's a look back at some of the unusual things from his...
News -- April 2011
- 4/21 B-R Blog: Lowest RBI per HR ratios in history: Reader Tony C. wrote in to ask for this old favorite. Let's ease in. First here are the lowest RBI totals for a player with 30...