Jose Manuel (Guilbe) Mangual
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 10", Weight: 157 lb.
Born: May 23, 1952 in Ponce, Puerto Rico
Signed by the Montreal Expos as an amateur free agent in 1969.
Debut: September 6, 1972 (Age 20.106, 10,894th in MLB history)
vs. NYM 3 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1974 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Expos/Mets 1972-1977
Last Game: October 2, 1977 (Age 25.132)
vs. STL 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Relatives: Brother of Angel Mangual and Cousin of Coco Laboy
About biographical information
News -- December 2014
- 12/21 Phillies Nation: Phillies Top 10 Free Agent Signings: #9 Del Unser: The 1968 NL Rookie of the Year voting was dead heat between two very deserving candidates. Catcher Johnny Bench would hit .275...
News -- July 2014
- 7/18 Faith & Fear in Flushing: Everybody Rise!: People ask me what I do during the All-Star break when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window...
News -- December 2013
- 12/5 Mets360.com: A history of the Mets and the multi-team trade: With rumors about the Mets signing Curtis Granderson swirling around and trades between other teams occurring left, right and...
News -- November 2013
- 11/9 Mets360.com: How Mets fans handle rooting for laundry: Every sports fan has been teased by friends with the following in some way, shape or form: “Loyalty to any one sports team...
News -- March 2011
- 3/9 Mets360.com: Mets Card of the Week: 1976 Topps Randy Tate: 1976 TOPPS RANDY TATE It can be hard to distinguish Randy Tate from the Bobbs and Todds and Webbs and Crams and all the other...