Patrick Lavon Mahomes
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 175 lb.
Born: August 9, 1970 in Bryan, TX
High School: Lindale HS (Lindale, TX)
Drafted by the Minnesota Twins in the 6th round of the 1988 amateur draft.
Signed June 6, 1988.
Debut: April 12, 1992 (Age 21.247, 13,711th in MLB history)
vs. TEX 6.0 IP, 2 H, 3 SO, 5 BB, 3 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1992 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Twins/Mets/Rangers/RedSox/Cubs/... 1992-2003
Last Game: August 26, 2003 (Age 33.017)
vs. FLA 2 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- November 2016
- 11-20 Twinstrivia.com: Twins starting pitchers that never finished what they started: Do you know what pitcher has started the most games for the Minnesota Twins and hasn’t completed a single one of his starts?...
News -- September 2016
- 9-23 BronxPinstripes.com: September 23, 1996: Yankees lose to Red Sox in extras: In a highly entertaining series finale, the Yankees came up short after losing to the Red Sox 4-3 in 11 innings. Tied at one in...
- 9-14 Daily Autograph: Pat Mahomes: I met him at Jack Russell Memorial Stadium in Clearwater, Florida in 1997, when the Boston Red Sox came to play the Philadelphia...
News -- July 2016
- 7-14 Mets Daddy: Mets Do Not Need Bullpen Help: As the trade deadline approaches, every team usually states that they need bullpen help, and those that are true contenders usually...
News -- June 2015
- 6-16 Faith & Fear in Flushing: Like Shooting Jays in a Barrel: Blue Jays came a-courtinâ Monday night. They know how to woo the Mets on the Metsâ home turf, especially as the hour grows...
- 6-14 The Greatest 21 Days: Pat Mahomes, Paying Off - 60: Originally published May 18, 2011Once a top prospect, Pat Mahomes had never become the star he thought he'd be, The New York Times...
News -- May 2015
- 5-26 Twinstrivia.com: Historically bad starts by Twins pitchers: With the Twins on a roll and their starting pitchers pitching well this might not be a good time to bring back bad memories but...
News -- December 2014
- 12-27 Mets360.com: Should we be optimistic about the 2015 Mets bullpen?: If you polled most fans about how they felt about the 2015 Mets bullpen, most would be fairly optimistic. The team has a good...
News -- November 2014
- 11-20 Twinstrivia.com: Historical look at Twins pitchers and home runs allowed: Minnesota Twins pitchers allowed 147 home runs in 2014.Â The fewest home runs allowed by a Twins pitching staff in a full season...
News -- September 2014
- 9-28 Faith & Fear in Flushing: Lucas Duda Is the King of NutraSweet Pop: The Mets and Astros combined to throw 266 pitches tonight at Citi Field. For 265 of them — that’s 99.62% of the game...
News -- April 2014
- 4-14 Mets360.com: Mets youâ€™ve forgotten about: Glendon Rusch: April 27, 2000. Â On a Thursday afternoon getaway day, the Mets were set to face off against the Cincinnati Reds in the rubber...
News -- July 2013
- 7-2 Kevin Slowey Was Framed: 20 Minnesota Twins Trades: Rick Aguilera Squared: By 1995, Rick Aguilera was a proven closer and an impending free agent. The Twins were a bad team and it was time to make...
- 7-1 Down with Goldy: Twins/Gophers/Wolves Pre-July 4th Round-Up: Before the Super-long holiday weekend when everyone disappears for five days, I figured I should do a quick round-up of the three...
News -- May 2013
- 5-12 Kevin Slowey Was Framed: 25 Minnesota Twins Drafts in 25 Days: 1988: Welcome to 25 drafts in 25 days! Over the next few weeks, I will be writing brief recaps of the last 25 drafts in Twins'...
- 5-1 Mets Merized: Old Time Mets: Remembering Ray Sadecki: Anyone out there remember Ray Sadecki? He was a starter/reliever for the Mets from 1970-1974 and was the kind of pitcher the Mets...
News -- February 2013
- 2-23 The Greatest 21 Days: Pat Mahomes, Paying Off - PC2149: Once a top prospect, Pat Mahomes had never become the star he thought he'd be, The New York Times wrote in 1999.But, in 1999,...
- 2-14 Rising Apple: One More Mike Piazza Interview & Thoughts on the HOF Issue: Coinciding with the release of his book “Long Shot,” Mike Piazza has been making the rounds.Â He sat down with both...
News -- September 2012
- 9-25 High Heat Stats: Cannon Fodder: The Casualties of WAR (Volume 1): In another thread, longtime reader Topper wondered aloud: “Who is the all-time SABR whipping boy?” In our first installment...
- 9-20 Rising Apple: Glory Days: Todd Zeile: The Mets will look to get something, anything, going this weekend when the Miami Marlins come to town. And this week on âGlory...
News -- November 2011
News -- September 2011
- 9-22 B-R Blog: Matt Moore fans 11 Yanks in his first start: Thursday night in the Bronx, 22-year-oldÂ Matt Moore,Â Tampa's latest pitching phenom, struck out 11 over 5 scoreless innings...
News -- July 2011
- 7-27 Mets360.com: R.A. **** is the tallest dwarf among Mets pitchers: The 2011 Mets do a lot of little things well. They get lots of baserunners, they excel at hitting with two outs and they have...
- 7-23 B-R Blog: Gone with the Wind-Up: 3 HRs in a 6-batter stint: Chad Qualls came into the 7th Saturday with a 4-3 lead. Pinch-hitter Ryan Howard whacked the first pitch over the CF fence, and...
News -- June 2010
- 6-9 B-R Blog: One thousand: Most at bats in a season (1901-present), batting average of 1.000:
News -- March 2011
- 3-3 B-R Blog: Relief Appearances Of 3+ IP In Postseason Deciding Games: How many players, from 1903 to 2010, have come into a post-season deciding game out of the bullpen and thrown 3 innings or more?...
News -- May 2011
- 5-18 The Greatest 21 Days: Pat Mahomes, Paying Off - 861: Once a top prospect, Pat Mahomes had never become the star he thought he'd be, The New York Times wrote in 1999.But, in 1999,...