John H. Lynch
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 8", Weight: 185 lb.
Born: February 5, 1857 in New York, NY
School: Fordham University (New York, NY)
Debut: May 2, 1881 (Age 24.086, 487th in MLB history)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1881 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Metropolitans/Bisons/Gladiators 1881-1890
Last Game: April 19, 1890 (Age 33.073)
Died: April 20, 1923 in Bronx, NY
Buried: Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne, NY
About biographical information
News -- March 2014
- 3-30 Rising Apple: New York Metropolitans 1884 Season Preview: Club owners of the upstart American Association and established National League have spent the last two years engaged in bitter...
News -- October 2013
- 10-13 Rising Apple: The 1883 New York Metropolitans Base Ball Club Season In Review: Entering the 1883 season, the upstart American Association continuedÂ its assault on the National League by expanding from six...
News -- December 2012
- 12-14 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: Trouble at Home: It is the tenth of July in the hot summer of 1879. Washington is home, hosting the nine from Holyoke. Both teams play in the National...
News -- October 2012
- 10-22 Rising Apple: Mets Playoffs History: The 1884 New York Metropolitans?: Minus the year 1904, and the embarrassment which was the 1994 strike shortened season and subsequent cancellation of the league...
News -- September 2012
- 9-23 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: John â€œJackâ€ Lynch Early Nationals 20 game Winner: This is the first in a series of articles about the great 1880 Washington Nationalâs baseball club which had claim to the title...
News -- June 2012
- 6-14 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: The Washington â€“ New York Connection: With the high flying Nationals returning home to host the New York Yankees it is **** to address the unique history that exists...