Edward Haughton Love
Bats: Left, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 7", Weight: 195 lb.
Born: August 1, 1890 in Love, MS
Debut: September 8, 1913 (Age 23.038, 3,988th in MLB history)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1916 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Yankees/Tigers/Senators 1913-1920
Last Game: April 18, 1920 (Age 29.261)
vs. CLE 4.1 IP, 6 H, 2 SO, 4 BB, 4 ER
Died: November 30, 1942 in Memphis, TN
Buried: Forest Hill Cemetery Midtown, Memphis, TN
About biographical information
News -- August 2015
News -- August 2014
News -- August 2013
News -- April 2013
- 4/23 BronxPinstripes.com: The All-Name Team: I recently came across the name of a New York Giants player from the 1880s named Cannonball Titcomb. I successfully fought the...
News -- August 2012
- 8/1 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: This Date in Washington Senators History: August 1 1902 - The umpire must have had a tight strike zone. Washington right hander John “Happy” Townsend is all...
News -- September 2011
- 9/11 B-R Blog: September 11th: Wishing all people of the nations of the world peace, love, and harmony, and remembering those we've missed the last 10 years....
News -- March 2011
- 3/9 The Captain's Blog: Standing Tall: Slim Love’s Rise from Bar Room to Big Leagues: (In addition to appearing at The Captain’s Blog, this post is also being syndicated at TheYankeeAnalysts.) After missing almost...
- 3/9 YankeeAnalysts.com: Standing Tall: Slim Love’s Rise from Bar Room to Big Leagues: (The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog). After missing almost two weeks of action with a groin injury, Andrew...