John Sherman Lollar
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 185 lb.
Born: August 23, 1924 in Durham, AR
School: Pittsburg State University (Pittsburg, KS)
Signed by the Cleveland Indians as an amateur free agent in 1943.
Debut: April 20, 1946 (Age 21.240)
vs. DET 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1948 season [*]
Teams (by GP): WhiteSox/Browns/Yankees/Indians 1946-1963
Final Game: September 7, 1963 (Age 39.015)
vs. MIN 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: September 24, 1977 in Springfield, MO
Buried: Rivermonte Memorial Gardens, Springfield, MO
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- August 2014
- 8/19 BoSox Injection: Jim Hegan redux in Christian Vasquez: Jim Hegan was a five time All-Star as a catcher and he never hit above .249 in his career. His slash line was .228/.295/.344 and...
News -- May 2013
- 5/6 Beyond the Scorecard: 5/5/13 Box Score Ephemera: Looking for the needles in the haystacks that were the games of Sunday, May 5th, 2013.***IMPRESSIVE, BUT...***The Tigers 9-0 victory...
News -- November 2012
- 11/28 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Bearden Has Magical Flash For Tribe in 1948: By Christian Petrila The first few obscure Indians presented in the Flash in a Pan series have all been relatively recent. This...
News -- June 2012
- 6/21 High Heat Stats: The Mount Rushmore of the Chicago White Sox: The White Sox are an original American League team dating back to 1901. The had a good amount of success early on, winning the...
News -- March 2011
- 3/18 B-R Blog: Seasons With 100+ Games Played & RBI > Half TB: Just goofing around, I decided to run a query of "For single seasons, From 1901 to 2010, requiring RBI>.5*TB and At least...