John Sherman Lollar
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 185 lb.
Born: August 23, 1924 in Durham, AR
School: Pittsburg State University (Pittsburg, KS)
Signed by the Cleveland Indians as an amateur free agent in 1943.
Debut: April 20, 1946 (Age 21.240, 7,849th in MLB history)
vs. DET 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1948 season [*]
Teams (by GP): WhiteSox/Browns/Yankees/Indians 1946-1963
Last Game: September 7, 1963 (Age 39.015)
vs. MIN 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: September 24, 1977 in Springfield, MO
Buried: Rivermonte Memorial Gardens, Springfield, MO
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- July 2015
- 7/8 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Indians Spent Lots of Time on Both Sides of Near No-Nos: When Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter was broken up with two outs in the bottom of the ninth Wednesday in Tampa, it was only the...
- 7/4 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Today in Tribe History: July 4, 1954: 1954 – Despite having to patch together their pitching staff after a quick exit from starter Mike Garcia, the Cleveland Indians...
News -- May 2015
- 5/12 Gammons Daily: Around the majors report: Stats report: Lee Sinins is the creator of the Complete Baseball Encyclopedia, the most powerful baseball encyclopedia on the market. 1) Yesterday,...
News -- March 2015
- 3/7 Cleveland Sweet Spotting: From the War Front: Gene Bearden, sp, Cleveland Indians: On the morning of July 6th, 1943 the USS Helena, a 10,000-ton cruiser, was part of a naval task force that was assigned to attack...
News -- February 2015
- 2/1 It's Pronounced Lajaway: Forgotten Indians: John Romano: John Romano was the Indians’ catcher from 1960 through 1964, and a good one at that. Romano, whose nickname of “Honey”...
News -- November 2014
- 11/15 Southside Showdown: A look at the 3 White Sox AL MVPs: With the announcement of the 2014 AL Most Valuable Player on Thursday evening, this is a good time to take a closer look and pay...
News -- August 2014
- 8/19 BoSox Injection: Jim Hegan redux in Christian Vasquez: Jim Hegan was a five time All-Star as a catcher and he never hit above .249 in his career. His slash line was .228/.295/.344 and...
News -- May 2013
- 5/6 Beyond the Scorecard: 5/5/13 Box Score Ephemera: Looking for the needles in the haystacks that were the games of Sunday, May 5th, 2013.***IMPRESSIVE, BUT...***The Tigers 9-0 victory...
News -- November 2012
- 11/28 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Bearden Has Magical Flash For Tribe in 1948: By Christian Petrila The first few obscure Indians presented in the Flash in a Pan series have all been relatively recent. This...
News -- June 2012
- 6/21 High Heat Stats: The Mount Rushmore of the Chicago White Sox: The White Sox are an original American League team dating back to 1901. The had a good amount of success early on, winning the...
News -- March 2011
- 3/18 B-R Blog: Seasons With 100+ Games Played & RBI > Half TB: Just goofing around, I decided to run a query of "For single seasons, From 1901 to 2010, requiring RBI>.5*TB and At least...