Philip Francis Linz
Positions: Shortstop, Second Baseman and Third Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 180 lb.
Born: June 4, 1939 in Baltimore, MD
Signed by the New York Yankees as an amateur free agent in 1957.
Debut: April 13, 1962 (Age 22.313)
vs. DET 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1963 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Yankees/Mets/Phillies 1962-1968
Final Game: September 29, 1968 (Age 29.117)
vs. PHI 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- February 2014
- 2/12 Yanks Go Yard: Top 10 Managers in Yankees History:
The New York Yankees have a long and storied history; in fact the longest and most storied of any team in the history of professional...
News -- February 2013
- 2/23 Bronx Baseball Daily: Classic Yankees: Ralph Houk:
He was known as the “Major,” and for good reason. He kept a helmet on his mantelpiece, a helmet with a bullet hole in it...
News -- January 2013
- 1/4 Rising Apple: Punting 2013?: As the days before spring training dwindle (39 and counting), many of us are growing increasingly uncomfortable with the state...
News -- November 2012
- 11/20 161st and River: 86 Greatest Moments vs. Boston #79-70: #79 | Who’s Your Daddy? | 9/24/2004 In one of the most amazing twists in the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry, Pedro Martinez...
News -- June 2012
- 6/30 Rising Apple: This Date in Mets History: 1968: Seaver Beats Fellow ’62s, 1-0, at Astrodome: The 1968 New York Mets are a team on the rise. Gil Hodges, in his first year with the club, has them playing hard and, though...
- 6/13 Radical Baseball: WAR, WADJ and actual human beings.: WAR: Wins Above Replacement
WADJ: Wins Above Derek Jeter
I recently wrote a couple of goofy posts about WADJ but they...
News -- May 2012
- 5/14 MetsToday.com: What Do the Mets Do On the Team Bus?: Not this, I bet … That’s the Harvard baseball team, whose team bus is a little smaller than the Mets’ ride,...