Charles William Lea
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 4", Weight: 194 lb.
Born: December 25, 1956 in Orleans, France
High School: Kingsbury HS (Memphis
Schools: Southwest Tennessee Community College (Memphis
, TN), University of Memphis (Memphis
, TN), University of Mississippi (Oxford
Drafted by the Montreal Expos in the 9th round of the 1978 amateur draft.
Debut: June 12, 1980 (Age 23.170, 11,924th in MLB history)
vs. SDP 8.0 IP, 8 H, 4 SO, 3 BB, 1 ER, W
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1980 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Expos/Twins 1980-1988
Agents: Randy Hendricks,Alan Hendricks [*]
Last Game: October 1, 1988 (Age 31.281)
Died: November 11, 2011 in Collierville, TN
Buried: Memorial Park Cemetery, Memphis, TN
About biographical information
News -- May 2015
- 5/23 The Natty Dugout: Max Scherzer, Bryce Harper Are Sorta Good: One way we argue that a pitcher is performing well is through strikeout totals. If the totals are high enough, or if the pitcher...
News -- March 2015
- 3/26 Climbing Tal's Hill: Great Moments in Astros History: Nolan Ryan's Fifth No-Hitter: Saturday September 26, 1981 was a typically balmy late-summer day in Houston, TX. The temperature was comfortably in the 80s,...
News -- June 2014
- 6/23 Canadian Baseball Network: The Greatest Wallach, Van Horne, Cook, Rids: * The Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame 2014 class, from left, family of the late Jim (Rids) Ridley, sons Jeremy, Shayne and daughter...
News -- May 2013
- 5/10 Baseball de World: Today in Baseball History â€“ May 10: May 10, 1967 In the eighth inning of a game against Philadelphia’s Jim Bunning, Hank Aaron hits the only inside-the-park...
News -- February 2013
- 2/20 The Cardinal Nation Blog: Changes in Cardinals minor league radio broadcast boothsDouble-A Springfield needs a new radio voice as one is added in Triple-A Memphis. ...
- 2/3 District On Deck: Washington Nationals Countdown To Spring Training: 9 Days: The off-season is almost over. Less than three weeks until Washington Nationals pitchers and catchers report to Viera. To celebrate...
News -- October 2012
- 10/16 That Ball's Outta Here: Cards On The Table: Jheri Curl Jeltz: For those of us in our 30s, the Phillies of the mid-to-late 1980s featured some interesting players. And by interesting, I mean...
News -- June 2012
- 6/2 High Heat Stats: Consecutive CG shutouts by decade: By request of HHS reader Brett, here are the longest individual shutout streaks since 1918, broken down by decade. Note that streaks...
News -- November 2011
- 11/12 El Maquino: NOT BUYING IT, LORIA: > I said yesterday that I’m not buying Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria’s overnight conversion from hated andÂ oppressiveÂ owner...
- 11/12 High Heat Stats: Charlie Lea (1956-2011): Former major-league pitcher Charlie Lea has died.Some interesting facts about his career:Lea was a mainstay in the Expos' rotation...
- 11/12 Baseball Musings: Lea Passes: Charlie Lea died of a heart attack at age 54: Easily the best of the nine major leaguers known to be born in France, Lea in his...
News -- April 2011
- 4/14 B-R Blog: Unlikely No-Hit Pitchers: One of the fun new things we can do with the PI is to sort the results of a game-finder search by a season finder. Here are all...
News -- June 2010
- 6/1 B-R Blog: Jumping Jimenez – More On Ãœber Ubaldo: Somewhat adding on to Raphy's post on Ubaldo Jimenez, via Baseball-Reference.com's Play Index Pitching Game Finder - starting...