Charles William Lea
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 4", Weight: 194 lb.
Born: December 25, 1956 in Orleans, France
High School: Kingsbury HS (Memphis, TN)
Schools: Southwest Tennessee Community College (Memphis, TN), University of Memphis (Memphis, TN), University of Mississippi (Oxford, MS)
Drafted by the Montreal Expos in the 9th round of the 1978 amateur draft.
Debut: June 12, 1980 (Age 23.170, 11,924th in MLB history)
vs. SDP 8.0 IP, 8 H, 4 SO, 3 BB, 1 ER, W
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1980 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Expos/Twins 1980-1988
Agents: Randy Hendricks,Alan Hendricks [*]
Last Game: October 1, 1988 (Age 31.281)
Died: November 11, 2011 in Collierville, TN
Buried: Memorial Park Cemetery, Memphis, TN
About biographical information
News -- March 2015
- 3/26 Climbing Tal's Hill: Great Moments in Astros History: Nolan Ryan's Fifth No-Hitter: Saturday September 26, 1981 was a typically balmy late-summer day in Houston, TX. The temperature was comfortably in the 80s,...
News -- June 2014
- 6/23 Canadian Baseball Network: The Greatest Wallach, Van Horne, Cook, Rids: * The Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame 2014 class, from left, family of the late Jim (Rids) Ridley, sons Jeremy, Shayne and daughter...
News -- May 2013
- 5/10 Baseball de World: Today in Baseball History â€“ May 10: May 10, 1967 In the eighth inning of a game against Philadelphia’s Jim Bunning, Hank Aaron hits the only inside-the-park...
News -- February 2013
- 2/20 The Cardinal Nation Blog: Changes in Cardinals minor league radio broadcast boothsDouble-A Springfield needs a new radio voice as one is added in Triple-A Memphis. ...
- 2/3 District On Deck: Washington Nationals Countdown To Spring Training: 9 Days: The off-season is almost over. Less than three weeks until Washington Nationals pitchers and catchers report to Viera. To celebrate...
News -- October 2012
- 10/16 That Ball's Outta Here: Cards On The Table: Jheri Curl Jeltz: For those of us in our 30s, the Phillies of the mid-to-late 1980s featured some interesting players. And by interesting, I mean...
News -- June 2012
- 6/2 High Heat Stats: Consecutive CG shutouts by decade: By request of HHS reader Brett, here are the longest individual shutout streaks since 1918, broken down by decade. Note that streaks...
News -- November 2011
- 11/12 El Maquino: NOT BUYING IT, LORIA: > I said yesterday that I’m not buying Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria’s overnight conversion from hated andÂ oppressiveÂ owner...
- 11/12 High Heat Stats: Charlie Lea (1956-2011): Former major-league pitcher Charlie Lea has died.Some interesting facts about his career:Lea was a mainstay in the Expos' rotation...
- 11/12 Baseball Musings: Lea Passes: Charlie Lea died of a heart attack at age 54: Easily the best of the nine major leaguers known to be born in France, Lea in his...
News -- April 2011
- 4/14 B-R Blog: Unlikely No-Hit Pitchers: One of the fun new things we can do with the PI is to sort the results of a game-finder search by a season finder. Here are all...
News -- June 2010
- 6/1 B-R Blog: Jumping Jimenez – More On Ãœber Ubaldo: Somewhat adding on to Raphy's post on Ubaldo Jimenez, via Baseball-Reference.com's Play Index Pitching Game Finder - starting...
Complete a Short Survey
to help us
improve our mobile sites.
Do you use B-R on your phone?