John Alexander Lamabe
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 198 lb.
Born: October 3, 1936 in Farmingdale, NY
Schools: Springfield College (Springfield, MA), University of Vermont (Burlington, VT)
Signed by the Philadelphia Phillies as an amateur free agent in 1956.
Debut: April 17, 1962 (Age 25.196, 9,576th in MLB history)
vs. CHC 4.0 IP, 3 H, 3 SO, 1 BB, 0 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1962 season [*]
Teams (by GP): RedSox/Pirates/Cubs/WhiteSox/Cardinals/... 1962-1968
Last Game: September 22, 1968 (Age 31.355)
vs. PIT 0.2 IP, 1 H, 1 SO, 0 BB, 0 ER
Died: December 21, 2007 in Baton Rouge, LA
Buried: Resthaven Gardens of Memory, Baton Rouge, LA
About biographical information
News -- November 2015
- 11/15 BoSox Injection: Boston Red Sox Ramirez to first base - I've seen worse: First base is where gloves go to die and the bats go to live and for the Boston Red Sox that certainly was true for one point...
News -- July 2015
- 7/13 Baseballhotcorner.com: Red Sox Midseason Grades- Starting Rotation: Going into the season, the Red Sox starting rotation was their biggest question mark. Once Jon Lester chose to sign with the Cubs,...
News -- May 2015
- 5/24 Faith & Fear in Flushing: The Original Beats The Replica: A 9-1 game in Pittsburgh. It sounded familiar. It should have. It was the score and scene of the first game the Mets ever won.
News -- October 2014
- 10/3 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 10/3: Happy Birthday to ~3B Cesar Carrasco (21)Carrasco was originally signed by the Diamondbacks out of the Dominican Republic and...
News -- October 2013
- 10/30 Replacement Level Red Sox Blog: World Series Game Six Thread – Red Sox (3) vs. Cardinals (2): First Pitch â 8:07PM â Fox John Lackey (10-13, 3.52) vs. Michael Wacha (4-1, 2.78) Red Sox/Cardinals Game Six History 1946...
- 10/3 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 10/3: Former Astros with birthdays today ~
3B/C Eric Munson (36)
Originally drafted by the Tigers in the first round in 1999,...
News -- September 2012
- 9/25 High Heat Stats: Cannon Fodder: The Casualties of WAR (Volume 1): In another thread, longtime reader Topper wondered aloud: “Who is the all-time SABR whipping boy?” In our first installment...